Thread: Hi everyone ! page

Ian Nueva Córdoba is offline Junior Member

Hi everyone !

Primal Fuel
    Last edited by Ian Nueva Córdoba; 04-05-2012 at 12:43 PM.

CoachSandee is offline Member
    Welcome Ian. I am fairly new here too but I have learned so much from reading the different threads, people's blogs and such. You are on the path to great health and have lots of people here with great information.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Bienvenido Ian! Your English is very good. Glad to see this primal lifestyle is working well for you and your brother. Also good to see the word is reaching more and more parts of the world.

I’m Peruvian but live in the States so if you need help with any Spanish-English translation let me know, but it seems you will be just fine.

My first friend in America was actually a guy from Argentina, he told me about joining the soccer team and I made other Spanish-speaking friends that way while I was learning the language. He used to bring Mate tea to school during winter and we recently went to a Boca Juniors Steakhouse in New York, great steaks!

My next door neighbors were also from Argentina but recently moved, I’ll surely miss those bbq’s! Argentines really love meat, a lot! And they know how to cook it.

Oh and Messi is a monster, a dominating goal scoring machine, the kid was born for soccer.

The neighbors I wrote about were River Plate fans.

My experiences have been mostly positive. I’m 25 now, I was 14 when I first moved here. I live in New Jersey too by the way, it’s a popular destination for Hispanics. I moved to a town of mostly Italians, and “white people” for lack of a better way to put it. I experienced a bit of racism but it was mostly just kids that didn’t have a lot of exposure to immigrants and well, kids are just mean in general so it didn’t bother me too much. I was fortunate to have made friends quickly (the futbol guys from Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador but there were also European immigrants on the team from Albania, Yugoslavia and also some kids from India) so I wasn’t alone.

America has tons of very nice people and that has been mostly my experience, but there will always be people that are negative, so I have encountered that at work, social settings, etc. I have never let it bother me.

Is your cousin as young as you? America is HUGE it’s hard to see all of it. I have only been to New York, Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Florida. All those states are close (except Florida, but still part of the East Coast) and I’ve been here for more than 10 years!

When I was your age, I was also mostly playing video games and staying away from the cold, so if your cousin is that young I can understand.

And I did watch the Messi goals. I keep up with La Liga. I will watch the Copa America too.

Can you tell us what some traditional Argentine meals are? I know there's a lot of meat but what else? I want to hear mostly about the non-primal meals. Do you eat a lot of rice, beans and potatoes?

Your cuisine is somewhat similar to Peruvian cuisine.

We also make empanadas and alfajores but I'm sure there's some small variations on the way they're made. Isn't there a history of Italian influence in Argentine culture? (I know there's an island by Argentina that used to be mostly Italians right?) that "picada" looks just like an Italian antipasto.

The obesity issue in America has many different factors.

- Lifestyle: Most Americans for different reasons aren’t too active. Weather for instance affects how much we go outside (it’s brutally cold out, so it’s unlikely to see people just walking the streets)
    - Media: There’s A LOT of ways for us to waste time sitting than actually doing something. Computers, video games, television, etc. This is not always the case in other countries, and unfortunately American children are growing up in a place where play is discouraged and parents would rather have their kids plugged into a machine as long as they keep quiet.
    - Food: obviously most processed food is unhealthy and does nothing for satiety (no te llena, en vez parece que te da mas hambre) so people eat more and do less, a perfect combination to gain weight. There’s an over abundance of very cheap food, with tons of calories but very little nutritional value.

I could go on, there are literally hundreds of reasons.

MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Benedetti View Post
    I came.
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

walteri is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Que tal Ian,

I am Guatemalan but born here in the U.S. Our cuisine is also similar to yours, just the other day my mom made dulce de membrillo, she makes steaks with salsa de Chimichurri and even made empanadas over the summer.

I just joined the forum after about 8 months of being on a paleo diet and hope to get to know and learn more about the paleo lifestyle.