Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milk for Paleo Cereal page

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member

Milk for Paleo Cereal

Shop Now
    I made this Paleo cereal substitute the other week -http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1711206156/paleo-trail-mix and while it's pretty good coconut milk is waaay to thick to have it with, and I'm not crazy about the taste coconut milk by itself.

So, would unsweetened Almond Milk from the grocery store taste better or should I avoid it because of the additives? Making fresh almond milk seems like a chore. Can I water down the coconut milk or get light coconut milk which might be thinner?

I'm trying to avoid dairy right now too.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    So Delicious brand Coconut Milk sounds like what you want; there are unsweetened, vanilla, strawberry flavors. It's the same consistency as cow's milk. They also make a coconut kefir that might be good on your "cereal"
    ad astra per aspera

Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I don't see a problem with almond milk, just be picky about the brand you go with (watch ingredient list).

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    Why not just dilute coconut milk with water? I mix equal parts of coconut milk and water, and shake them vigorously to combine. I keep a jar in my fridge and drink it like milk. It's about the consistency of whole milk.

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member
    I've used the so delicious coconut milk and I only like it in smoothies. I about gagged when I tasted it by itself. I love almond milk though.

primalblonde is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Hawaii View Post
    I've used the so delicious coconut milk and I only like it in smoothies. I about gagged when I tasted it by itself. I love almond milk though.
    +1

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    If you're lucky, you might be able to find an unsweetened vanilla almond milk. So Delicious is horrible.
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

paleo_hailey is offline Senior Member
    Whole Foods has a great unsweetened vanilla almond in their store brand - it's still not quite milk to me, but it's pretty good.

Paleobird Guest
    Have you tried hemp milk? Yeah, some brands taste pretty gross but I've found one that is actually delicious. It's called Tempt and they sell it at Henry's/Whole Foods here in SoCal.

dado Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What is this? Forget this cereal thought, no matter how "primal" it is. You are drawing yourself back to the forces of darkside. The simple association of cereal with wheat is far too deeply rooted in your brain, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Drink regular milk in a glass and you will be happy, then you sleep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast