Thread: Newbie introduction & couple questions page

Lmans77 is offline Member

Unhappy Newbie introduction & couple questions

Shop Now
    Hi! I am very new to Primal PB after finding about eating primal/paleo on a mom's forum I'm on. A few girls on there have had good success with primal type eating and crossfit.

I got the book 3 days ago and jumped right in...I've been eating primal for 2 days..today is my third.

I am a mom to 2 - 3yo girl and almost 1 yo boy. 1 year ago I was about 34 weeks pg. When I delivered I was probably ~190 lbs. I am 5'1" and have a small frame. I am currently 140lbs, wearing a 10/12 and I know my body fat % is super high. I am definitely not a naturally muscular person, but I have enjoyed and been successful with lifting weights many years ago.
    I carry my weight in my stomach so that's led to many "when are you due?" questions in the past months.

That's motivated me to try and get this weight off and live healthier. I'm also trying to be a good model for my husband who is significantly overweight and on the verge of weight related health issues.

I my immediate goal is to lose inches and hopefully slide down towards 130. Ultimately, I could be very healthy at about 115 lbs.

Two issues...I woke up this morning with bad nausea and the big D. It has subsided some since then. Is this a normal side effect of making the switch? I didnt' exactly ease into it. I've been eating eggs for breakfast with peppers, a huge spinach salad for lunch, cheese and apple for snack, and meat and veggies for supper. Maybe its the extra veggies I'm not used to? I've never shown a sensitivity to eggs in the past.

Another issue is that I am still nursing my son. I am not nursing FT, since I work FT and am no longer pumping. But I nurse when we get home and throughout the night. I do not plan on weaning him for at least 6 more months, if not longer.

How does this play in the PB nutrition plan?

Thanks and I look to being around here!

Lmans77 is offline Member
    oh and I didn't mean to put a unhappy face at the start of the thread! lol. I really am feeling pretty good today!
    I am still figuring this out.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Welcome!

I was 140lbs at my highest non-pregnant weight too. A combination of initially Zone and now Primal has me down at 107...the skinniest I've been in my entire life. Zone was a lot of work--I had to journal all the time to hit the right combinations and I never quite lost the cravings for sweet stuff. Primal has been just so easy and fun. Hope it works that way for you too.

I think the switch to high fat diet probably explains your GI symptoms. Your gut should adjust soon.

Yay on keeping the nursing up for another 6 months. As long as you don't go on a starvation version of primal, your milk should be fine. And you'll be giving your son the gift of getting used to the flavors of primal food in your milk
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food