Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamb vs. Beef tallow page 2

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Nice.

It's good to get a reminder that even though I eat all kinds of crazy stuff there are still things that I'm too squeamish to give a try.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    See, I love lamb. I especially love lamb fat. Cold lamb with a thick rind of fat on it, mmmmmmmm. I was however raised on more gamey meats than most, not just lamb but venison and rabbit. I love elk and bear meat when I can get it too. Lamb fat has a graininess to it that most people don't like, and it does leave that wierd coating, but thats what makes it all the better for me!

Darth Friendly: I'll eat just about anything, but I did find my personal line. When eating raw caribou liver (yes, really), I turned down eyeball. I cannot, cannot eat anythings eyeball. Particularly raw.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    First, word of warning. If you don't have enough space to store Tallow in your freezer and refrigerator, do NOT buy. I made that mistake. I should have bought a couple of 2.25 pounds containers.
    If the tallow needs to be refrigerated to be stored than its not made properly. Properly rendered fat can be stored at room temp.

Beef tallow tastes better than lamb tallow.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I prefer lamb fat to beef fat - more flavour. This is why lamb is much better for casseroles and curries than is beef
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12