Hey all. My name is Megan but Maymay works too.

I was diagnosed with diabetes (Type II) in December, and the doc wanted to put me on an Rx. I talked to my dad and my uncle and both are the type to say phooey to Conventional Wisdom. My dad doesn't like medicine, and my uncle is actually a Grokstar himself. He's lost 50 lbs and completely got his blood pressure and diabetes under control. He gave me a copy of his books under one condition: I have to cook for him. My conventionally sound meals are delicious, so using better quality items should increase eating pleasure exponentially. I've found that to be a true statement.

It's been 5 days since I started eating Primally.

B: IF.
L: Vegetable beef soup with organic broth.
Heaping plate of salad with lemon juice, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, red beets.
6 oz steak, med-rare, grilled to perfection.
An aside: today was the first day I ate the fat on the side of the steak. I've always cut it off. After I ate the steak, I was so freaking full. It was delicious.
S: was still pretty full.
D: Half of a romaine lettuce head salad with avo, red and green bell peppers, cucumber, tomato, beets, walnuts, and a olive oil/lemon dressing. I ate this first so I wouldn't cheat nearly as much with the entree.
Low carb pasta, made with fatty delicious Italian sausage, 1.5 red bell, 1 green bell, 1lb mushrooms, 1 red onion, 3 garlic cloves, red pepper flakes and 2 fresh tomatoes.
S: 1 square of my delicious 85% dark chocolate.

I cheated today. But I'm a poor college kid waiting on my financial aid so I can buy groceries. I'm at the bottom of the barrel right now, but I still have some good meat in the freezer and some frozen veggies, and enough salad to last me a while longer.

The boy's grandma doesn't speak english but she DID walk over and tug at my loose sweats and say "you no fat!"

I've got to be doing something right!