Shop Now
    2/4/11

B:1/2 can coconut milk
    1 c mixed berries
    1/3 c flax seed
    2 tsp cocoa
    1 c water
    Ice

L: lamb chops with lemon, olive oil, rosemary.

D: steak
    Salad
    Asparagus.

D: 1 sq chocolate - 90% dark is sex in my mouth.

Worked with almost hubby, and used public transportation, so a fair bit of walking.
    Last edited by Megan.Eng; 02-06-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Megan.Eng is offline Member
    2/5/11

B: Didn't.
    L: Sushi :/ I know. But I did scrape off some rice!
    D: Soup. Favorite soup! Ham, green beans, and red potatoes. Less potatoes, more ham. It was a delicious trade off.

Exercise? A whole mile. I even beat my personal time. 19.09. I felt great, and my sugars were nice and normal after eating ALL those delicious potatoes.

Ever seen a laptop light on fire? I have. That's why I haven't been here in ages.

Wimpy update: I'm doing alright, I'm down to 196 (wooo! I made it to my first goal and didn't even know it!) and I just got my latest A1c: In November of 2010 I was at 11.2. As of 3/1/11 I am at 7.6. And I'm completely off the meds. A month ago my waist was 45 inches. As of today? 38.

Just got married, and there's a possible leg of lamb in the oven, because we don't do buns anymore. Test tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it's in there.

I'm still a chubs, but I'm getting there.

So, it turns out

I'm definitely pregnant. We got the BFP on 3/20. I stayed primal throughout the first trimester, and had NO morning sickness. And then I got referred to the Sweet Success program (for diabetic knocked up ladies) and they put me on this crazy diet.

30g of carbs at every meal and snack.

Because of the insulin they put me on, (temporary, only during pregnancy. My PB well controlled numbers were starting to sky rocket, and I was really starting to worry about Little One) I needed to have a base amount of carbs to see how the insulin was effecting me. Sadly, any sort of potatoes shoots my blood sugars way out of target, so I went back to grains.

I have never felt so terrible.

I want to get back to where I was, and incorporate more primal kind of carbs instead of what they have me eating. Especially because it will be easier to do it now, than when baby is here.

Wish me luck

Trying to climb back on the horse.

I feel so terrible. I'm 20 pounds higher than I was while pregnant, and baby Gracie is 8 months old. I was told by everyone that the weight would FLY off while breastfeeding. Not in my case.

We're sticking to a primal diet for baby. She loves meat and veggies, and certain fruits.

I need some encouragement. I want to get back to eating primally, but I'm having a hell of a time. I'm so tired from baby, that it's hard to eat anything that takes time to cook, and we don't currently have a crock pot. I'll be getting one soon.

My husband is supportive, but is rather meh about me going primal again. When I'm primal, so is he. But unless I'm doing the cooking, we're not primal. And it's so hard to find the time to shop, even.

Words of encouragement would mean the world right now.

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Hi Megan don't despair you did it before you can do it again be gentle with yourself you are bound to be tired all your energy is going into your baby where it should be going ! Take one step at a time , plan one thing u can do easily umwill knowmwhat that is, eat more fat ? Get that crockpot ? Sometimes if I am busy I do a roast of some description which we can then have cold with veg or salad....once you make a step you'll feel more in control , it's just one step to start and it's fine to go at your own pace you have a lot going on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12