Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former college football player jumping into PB! page

Ahawes is offline Junior Member

Former college football player jumping into PB!

Primal Fuel
    First and foremost let me say that I am incredibly excited to have stumbled upon this site a couple days ago.

I'm Adam and I'm a 6'5" 320lb 25 yo former O-lineman. I always told myself that I was going to lean up when I finished my playing days and now 4 years after my playing career ended I still have not done it. I've tried various diet plans and various exercise plans but have never come across a plan that is so complete and attacks the task of getting lean and healthy from both the exercise and diet fronts. My goal is to get to a healthy 250 or so lbs. but I will be reassessing my goals and trying to find my most healthy and comfortable weight throughout this process.

Everything that I've read here seems to make an incredible amount of sense and it's been really nice diving into it all. I've never done any kind of dieting or exercising that didn't feel like deprivation or torture but everything about PBF so far has really been a pleasure. Anyways, I'll be around here more often looking around, posting where I can help.

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    Nice. I used to play in high school. What level of college ball did you play?

I played JUCO ball and did well enough to basically get to choose where I wanted to go afterwards on a full ride. I chose the University of Arizona where I started for 2 yrs at left guard and basically just got burned out on it. Definitely became more of a business and less of a game at the U of A and towards the end of my playing career my heart just wasn't in it anymore. Hung up the cleats and for the most part have not had any regrets since. Definitely enjoy being a fan of the game!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Hey man welcome, I think a guy like you is going to do VERY well on this. You probably retain a ton of muscle and / or can get it back super quick which will help you lean out big time.

Thanks for the encouragement and welcomes fellas. I am getting fully immersed in the program tomorrow and for once I'm just not dreading making the change that I know I need to make.

I have retained a lot of muscle from training in my football days but I have definitely seen and felt the change in the way my body is composed. When I finished playing I was 325lbs and 12% body fat, I'm still at 320 or so and I'd bet my body fat is closer to 20% than it is to 10% now. I have no desire to keep carrying the bulk around anymore, I just want to get leaned up. I think I'm most excited about mastering the essential movements (I can't wait to get to the point where I can knock out pullups with no struggle again) and getting on to some of the more creative exercises on the LHT days.

I really can't say enough how thankful I am to Mark Sisson and the whole community here at marksdailyapple.com. Even if it is only an internet community the positivity, encouragement, and enthusiasm that almost every user here embodies is very contagious. If the way most users here are is any indication of whether the Primal lifestyle works I would say it's an amazing success. I love how accessible everyone involved with this site has made information that empowers its' reader to make healthy and right life decisions and it's a testament to how much this community truly cares for one anothers' health and fitness goals.

Grok on people!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I'm a longtime Bruins fan, btw, so I'm sure I've cursed you out while you were on TV a couple of times. No offense intended though!

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    Have you looked into crossfit or crossfit football, by the way?

tfarny: Pretty sure you've probably cursed me at some point as well. My team was the one that took you guys down when you were (I believe) undefeated and #7 in the nation in 2005. If it's of any consolation you guys got us back in 2006 though.

jasonph: Crossfit is just now starting to take off in my area, up until now I've not really had the resources to get into it on my own ($equipment or gym membership$). I'm going to be working my way into better cardiovascular shape and if I feel as though I've hit a plateau with the workouts shown here Crossfit is something that I am definitely going to get involved in. I have a few ex-teammates who got into crossfit in Southern California and their results have been awesome. I know nothing about crossfit football though.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i agree, i think this program will do well for you. the results, btw, are really fast. it's something.

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    Ahawes, you'll be fine - I'm a former college football/rugby guy, and I've had very positive results from the PB... Enjoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast