Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accute Lower Back Pain!! page 2

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Love yoga.

Tight hams, hips and lack of mobility in hips and t-spine are generally the problems.
    Foam rolling helps too.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Do some research into sacroiliac joint syndrome...some therapists think this is the source of as much as 85% of back, hip, leg pain. I am seeing a physical therapist who suspects this is the source of my lower back pain, hip pain and bursitis. Cross fingers, we just started treatment yesterday.

specialrider is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    I highly recommend the book "Healing Back Pain" by John E. Sarno M.D.
    I second that...this book costs about 10 bucks and took me from being in bed for a month with crippling low back pain to my normal activities in a matter of days...amazing stuff...very simple...but quite literally will test your ability to buck conventional wisdom regarding low back issues (and any chronic pain issue for that matter).

Following what dr. Sarno teaches was the best thing I have ever done, regarding my personal health, in my life.
    Last edited by specialrider; 01-22-2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Erik C. is offline Junior Member
    Great feedback from everyone!! Thanks for the information and sharing of personal experiences.

The outcome: Prognosis was grim and the diagnosis was even worse. Two blown disc's in his lower back and several other bulging "at risk" disc's coupled with that. Surgery was last Friday, recovery is six months to a year depending on his committment. I have not had any clear discussions with him concerning his pain, recovery etc. At this point he is sedated fairly heavily with pain killers. I will give it several weeks before we start to discuss was his plans are to recover and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I went snowboarding on Sunday (using his nearly new K2 at his request) and decided to just take it easy and enjoy the view. I feel like I drive just as hard as he does and I have no desire to end up in his place.
    Last edited by Erik C.; 01-24-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    Erik C.

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    my 2c worth - i have two "bulging" discs in my lower back which cause me intermitttent and variable pain with different triggers.. heres what works
    1. yoga and pilates ie strengthen the core
    2. acupuncture...
    when its really severe a remedial physio helps
    chiro emptied my pockets !

Erik C. is offline Junior Member
    Funny you mention the chiro like that!! The chiro is who finished him off about 12 hours prior to his disc exploding. I use a chiro on a case by case basis, but it is not something I do often. My chiro would argue that I need to see him more often for improved results. I don't know!! I guess that could be another thread eh?
    Erik C.

newsloot is offline Junior Member
    many people have lower back pain problem...

Back Pain Doctor is offline Junior Member
    Sometimes bad posture and the mattress we are using are the factors of getting a back pain. Many have suggested that yoga and acupuncture are good treatment for back pain.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    I suffered acute spasmodic back pain for 40 years, from an old hip injury and then my Achilles tendon problems, which affected my stance and feet when walking. For me, the key to losing it has been strengthening my back muscles through swimming. Since I start swimming I have not had an acute attack, and it used to be 3-4 times annually, resulting in using my walking sticks (yes, I often needed 2 of 'em!) an 3-4 ays of rest and strong pain killers. Using the loo was exquisitely painful!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik C. View Post
    Funny you mention the chiro like that!! The chiro is who finished him off about 12 hours prior to his disc exploding. I use a chiro on a case by case basis, but it is not something I do often. My chiro would argue that I need to see him more often for improved results. I don't know!! I guess that could be another thread eh?
    Chiros are like doctors- they range from very good to very bad. Get *lots* of recommendations. The trick is finding a good one, same as a doctor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast