Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Can anyone help me with morbid obesity? page 9

Grokette Guest

Thanks Groquette...this helps. How is to go get an extremely accurate test of body fat ? I think the estimate you came up with is very close. So, once you come up with the protein calories you need then you make up the most of the rest in fat with very few carbs, right ?

Whats the rule of thumb on how much fat to take ? Sorry, I would be looking this up in PB if I could find it. I am now off of dairy and feeling good. We will see if this together with getting the right protein/fat ratio will allow me to lose some weight.

Thanks for your help...I love this forum.

Any feelings about coffee...pro or con ?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF MY COFFEE AND NOBODY GETS HURT!

Actually, on the rare mornings I don't have coffee for whatever reason, I have no physical reactions. I drink pretty much a pot most mornings or nice, strong, black brew.

For me, it's the beautiful morning routine more than any caffeine or other things. It doesn't seem to effect my weight loss or anything else. I'm drinking it right now and since it doesn't really supply any nutrients, I still consider myself IF'ing.

And, no, tea just isn't the same......

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Grokette, don't go crazy on the fats right away but rather ease in yourself into it. Start with aprx 60% of your total diet being fats and then gradually increase it to 70. In my personal experience, 70% works great but I've never been able to actually do 80 or 90 like some people here. I would think 70% is kind of like a sweet spot.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

This picture sums up my coffee philosophy:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/w...t_no_decaf.gif

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789