Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help me with morbid obesity? page 4

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

REALLY???

Griff is offline Senior Member

I smell a troll - possibly two.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

seems you have some pretty good advice here

I just want to encourage you to keep going....and to say "Welcome" xoxo Darlene

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Desperate, while my high weight was never as much as yours, 285-290 on a 6'3" frame, a year ago my (beautiful, hottie) teenage niece was looking at some photos and said, "Uncle Paul was really good looking, wasn't he?" I heard this through my mum. Or is that me mum? Ha ha....

A gf from back in 1991 located me internet-wise also about a year ago. We used to ride motorcycles......and have other fun. She sent me some pics from back then, and like you, I wanted to cry. Pardon me for an ego moment, but damn, I was good looking, especially perched on my Honda Super Sport! (Age 45.)

While neither of those events got me going, they have lurked in the background as I go through this transformation. Said gf is now, how to say this?, ample? She is a private executive dining room manager, so food is her life. I tried to gently inform her about low carb, etc., but she is having none of it. I told her I fully intend to get down to the same weight and BF levels of when we were dating. We'll see who is right!

pie
    pie is offline Junior Member

eat less move more

Mark, I think we've got SPAM in the form of formula123

maranne is offline Senior Member

Pie,

if it was only that simple....*rolling my eyes in disbelief*

M

Griff is offline Senior Member

Methinks Pie is a spammer. Brand-new account, doesn't appear to know a thing about PB or good nutrition, preaches CW? Spammer or troll. Ignore it.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

adipocyte Guest

elasee and pie -- do the math:

Calories in - calories stored == calories burned.

Do some research. Obese bodies STORE FIRST, burn later, if they can burn at all.

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Desperate, I feel you.

While not as heavy (I'm currently 206) I've still suffered a lot of the same problems. I'm clinically obese according to my doctor. I can't do a lot of lifting, I pull or sprain something every time. I'm going to have to lose more weight before I can start. So far, I'm bicycling my sprints, doing yoga and walking. I started doing a little martial arts, but even that kind of intense exercise will have to wait a little while more. It's too difficult on my joints and I'm 28. Far too young to be having the kind of arthritis I was having.

It's so easy to get discouraged. I weighed 230lbs when I first started Primal, over a year ago. I lost 24lbs in a year. That's so slow. It feels slow and it feels like I've not made any progress at all. I compare my now photos to my before and there really isn't much difference. Even today, I was looking in the mirror at my double chin and felt very very discouraged. "What's the point of this?" I said to myself at least once. According to fitday I've already eaten 2700 calories today and I still feel hungry as well. Looking at those numbers really makes one feel like a fattie fat mcfaterson. At least it does for me.

Though there have been some gradual changes in my health for the better, there have been some towards the worst as well. In my previous low-fat CW vegan life, I was getting 12-15 colds a year. I would often have the flu 3 times a year. Since PB, this year, I've had one or two and only for 3-4 days. I used to get colds for 3-4 weeks. Though I've had food poisoning more this summer than I've ever had in my life. I do feel more energetic, but I'm measuring that solely by the fact that eating breakfast doesn't require a nap anymore. Or reading a book. I still need a few rests throughout the day, but I don't sleep and 20 minutes of closed eye "resting" suits me just fine. My migraines have also decreased from 2-4/month to one every 3-4 months. I had one a few weeks ago, but prior to that I hadn't had one since May. That's a major improvement and it's easy for me to forget about that.

But what originally brought me to PB was the opportunity for weight loss. Though I've never been a yo-you dieter, and I've tried dozens of diets only to see the weight keep coming year after year. It's frustrating that nothing works after all that time and energy put into it. It's still coming off so slowly that it doesn't feel like it's coming off at all. My pants aren't any loser.

I'd really love to see those migraines drop off completely or even down to one a year is manageable. But right now, I'm stuck in "always going to be fat" mode, so I'm trying to focus on the migraines aspect and not worry so much about being fatty.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast