Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help me with morbid obesity? page 3

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Hi and welcome...

You've been given some great advice and encouragement, and I want to second everyone who says you ARE on the right path.

I just wanted to pick up on your (idiot) GP though - you most certainly have the right to change GP - is there another in that practice that will listen to you? Or is there another practice nearby? I'm fairly urban, so I'm in the catchment area of a few different surgeries luckily. However I've pretty much given up on the NHS helping me (different issues, but chronic problem).

Is there any chance you could request a referral at all? To Endocrinologist, or erm anyone else basically?

If not, please don't be discouraged.

I've always found the NHS to be fantastic at fixing someone who gets run over, but useless at chronic / longterm things.

Slow and steady wins the race here - the journey is just as important as the destination.

Pankratos Guest

I do realize that the OP is 365 lbs, and perhaps you expressed the point i was trying to make a little more concisely than I did, in that she should be focused on pushing herself in all of her workouts. She mentioned in the OP that she did the exercises that didn't cause too much pain. I was only trying to say that she should be fatiguing her muscles and not just depleting them of glycogen, the response from your muscles is drastically different.

Strength training in this case may just be some slightly larger weights and some compound exercise, maybe even some isometrics. Something more than you can do "behind a desk" Like dragonmamma said, the farther you move out of your comfort zone the better your results and quality of life will become. Quality of life being one of the major parts of the PB that can sometimes be overlooked when people focus on cravings and calories and weight. I think its great for anyone to make changes that better their lives and I wish Desperate all the best. Her journey to a healthier and better life might be longer than most, but its the journey that matters in the long run and I hope you and everyone else can enjoy each and every positive change in their life.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Pankratos, you are flat out wrong. The worst thing she can do is to try to burn up calories. Even CW is waking up to this fact, that exercise beyond simple walking types puts your body into "Save fat!" mode and makes you eat more. Poster after poster has come here puzzled why they aren't losing weight, after all, they work out 2 hours every day......

"I've always found the NHS to be fantastic at fixing someone who gets run over, but useless at chronic / longterm things." Trust me, no different than in America. At least you have a health care plan, I am 63 and have my diet, a bottle of aspirin, and the E.R. Welcome to America's idea of the HC I deserve.

maranne is online now Senior Member

Hi D,

I just wanted to say how impressive I think your health changes seem already! It is inspirational for all of us.

Nice to see someone from the UK as well. Whereabouts are you if I may ask?

Mx

pfair143 is offline Member

From one fluffy person to another, don't give up, but please eat something green preferably in the form of a plant. I am sure you know Atkins inside and out, but even he suggested a low of 20 carbs a day on induction. The very best to you; you deserve a win.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Green meat won't do?????

groquette is offline Senior Member

Mmm... green cheese!

maba is offline Senior Member

Desperate, I don't have much to add to what others have said. I just wanted to tell you that you're on the right track and I wish you well. Keep at it and you'll see the results you want.

P.S.: Ditch the hummus - too many carb. Also french beans have more sugar/carbs than green, leafy vegetables.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

It seems like there are quite a few very different suggestions here.

elasee, you sound just as ignorant as that idiot doctor of D. There are quite a few people on this forum that follow 90/10 ratio of fat to protein with maybe 1% carbs and they swear by it. Now, to maintain that kind of ratio and also keep up with your normal daily intake of protein they end up consuming over 3,000 calories a day.

I apologize, I can't recall the names of those individuals, so if you happen to see this message please identify yourself and maybe share your experiences with Desperate. I think it might be very helpful in her situation.

Desperate you should check out www.howcelebritiesloseweight.com for any information on workouts and tips! you see celebs looking great at any age and you wonder how they do it, but it's all exercise and diet, you should definitely check it out!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast