Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Paleo/Primal Books in my city checked out! page

maba is offline Senior Member

All Paleo/Primal Books in my city checked out!

Primal Fuel
    Last night, when I looking online for some books in our city library (Carnegie), I thought I'll check to see if they have any paleo/primal-related books. Guess what, all the books were checked out with multiple holds on them. Ours is a really big library with a HUGE collection of books and multiple copies. Paleo WOE is becoming mainstream after all. Have you all noticed any such changes in your city?

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    We also have a huge library system, and I waited MONTHS to read Primal Blueprint, and wasn't able to renew it, cause too many other people wanted it! I was only able to get through half of it that way. Thankfully, Mark's got tons of info up on his site.

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Same thing in my city. I checked out the PB last summer and couldn't read it all fast enough before it had to go back to the library. After going to the end of the line and putting it back on my hold list, I decided just to suck it up and buy it. Glad I did! And I also bought the cookbook (which also had an incredibly long hold list at my library).

aktres is offline Senior Member
    They just added a gluten-free section to our company cafeteria...

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    That's the good thing about MDA, everyrhing he put in the book is available for free on the website. I bought the book partly out of guilt; I kinda felt like I was stealing from Mark(but that's just me). I'm glad I did though, the book brought everything together real well for me. I wouldn't want to have to give it back. It's nice to have around and refer back to now and then. If you don't want to buy it new you could also check the used book stores or ebay.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    YES! A friend tried to check out Mark's book from the excellent library system here. Said there is a HUGE hold list ahead of her. So she ended up buying the book and now carries it with her everywhere. This is in Portland, Oregon.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

maba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post
    They just added a gluten-free section to our company cafeteria...
    That is so cool!

I have Mark's book. I was merely checking to see if paleo books were popular in my city and I was pleasantly surprised.

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Also in Portland. Sat on the hold list for ages, FINALLY got to read the book. Hubby only got partway through. I did not put it on hold again because he was going to buy it... but he hasn't. Maybe it's time.

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in Portland too! I assumed I'd be able to get the book the next day... there were 35 holds on like 8 copies.. Ordered it from amazon though, and happy about it

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maba View Post
    Have you all noticed any such changes in your city?
    Yep. Went to our local library recently and both Paleo-inspired diet books were off the shelf.
    They did have the paperback copy of Clan of the Cavebear. I'll let you know how it reads. (-:
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast