Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Beasties page

Meadow is offline Senior Member

Primal Beasties

I was itching to post a few photos of my primal fed crew with all the discussion on raw diets for pets.....did not want to hijack someone else's thread

I have 4 100% raw fed cats, I have been feeding this way for 8 years.....THEY clued me in on my own diet years ago.

nomming on a turkey leg

gnawing leftover meat off a pork shoulder bone

Helping me make venison breakfast sausage

RAWR....FEED ME

Bayou flinging food as usual....you get over being raw meat squeamish pretty quick

Rabbit noms

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    LOL those cats are so cute! Nice longcat in the 3rd picture aswell ^^
    I'm sure they appreciate being fed properly very much!

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Your cats are gorgeous! Is that a Bengal?

My cats aren't raw yet (except for the scraps I throw them, haha), but they are 100% grain-free. It's funny - I wouldn't have gone primal if it wasn't for my cats either. I have a fat cat (the cream tabby in my avatar) who refuses to lose weight, so I was reading up on what an "evolutionarily appropriate" diet for a cat would be. It gradually occurred to me that humans must have an evolutionarily appropriate diet too!
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    I wouldn't have gone primal if it wasn't for my cats either.
    I had been sick for years, was on tons of meds....and when I converted my pets to raw for one that had IBD, I was flat out amazed at how well all of them did. Energy, health, it was an obvious improvement. At that point I had to stop the denial that my food choices were not effecting my health. Took me quite a few years to dial in the answer, but happy where I am now and have my pets to thank

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    Great photos! They have beautiful coats. Currently I'm feeding my guy, Otto, Wellness wet grain-free food but hoping to transition to a raw diet soon. I want to do it sometime when I won't be traveling much so I can get him adjusted to it. He went on hunger strike for about a month when he transitioned to wet food (he was a dry food junkie) 2 years ago. He would occasionally deign to eat a bit every day or two, but very little, and he dropped quite a bit of weight, which he didn't need to do. He doesn't love the wet food but he eats it now. He refuses most human food other than dairy products. He tries to "cover" meat. I figure it's like a little kid who wants to eat junk food instead of healthy stuff...he may always have a taste for junk!

My problem is my roommate still gives him dry food treats, which he loves, to the point that he sometimes gets me up in the middle of the night in hopes that I will accompany him to Roommate's room for treats. I've told him that Roommate and his girlfriend would not be okay with our coming into the room at 3 AM for treats, but that doesn't stop him from waking me up (stroking my face, biting my cheek, staring at me and breathing on my cheek with his little nose...it's hard to imagine what a pain in the @## he is at night, watching him snooze next to me so peacefully now!)...
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    @superdeluxe - Two of my cats are on Wellness grain-free wet food, but the third is just a dry food junkie and won't even touch the wet stuff, or people food that isn't awful for him (he loves oats, crackers, breads, and lettuce). At least has finally transitioned to the Wellness CORE kibble. I really need to just take away the dry stuff, but he goes on hunger strike and starts licking his fur off. I always give up before he does. Sigh.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Primal K@ is offline Member
    I recently just wrote a blog post about this. I found the site www.catinfo.org was really helpful on information for transitioning your cat for wet food only. She also provides how to introduce and make your own raw food diet.

I've also had success with the Wellness Core Grain Free brand as well as Before Grain. One of my cats was a dry food hog and I thought I'd never get her away from it, but she's adjusted nicely. So much healthier and energetic, it's been an amazing change! I'm hoping one day to introduce a raw food, but for now, with their canned food, they get nice meaty scraps and big raw bones to occasionally gnaw on.

http://primalkat.blogspot.com/2011/01/primal-pets.html

pebblehead is offline Member
    Erin, great pics and beautiful kitties!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Do you feed them organ meats too?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    I had been sick for years, was on tons of meds....and when I converted my pets to raw for one that had IBD, I was flat out amazed at how well all of them did. Energy, health, it was an obvious improvement. At that point I had to stop the denial that my food choices were not effecting my health. Took me quite a few years to dial in the answer, but happy where I am now and have my pets to thank
    I took me some time to realize that also!! I tried ever rationale under the sun to keep eating 'normal' foods, until I realized those normal foods were why I always felt lousy and was forced to carry a bag full of meds with me!

They Are Gorgeous!!! Such glossy, silky coats! Do you feed them only meat? I'd really like to know your feeding plan for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast