Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Encouragement for Slow-Losers page

Momto3 is offline Senior Member

Red face Some Encouragement for Slow-Losers

Shop Now
    My weight loss journey has been a long one. Having infertility issues since 1998, I had begun my journey to better health. I've tracked most of my journey with FitDay. I've been primal for a little over 7 months now. Before I was using conventional wisdom, high protein, whole grains.... anyway here is a summary of my progress over the years
    2002 Had baby and began to lose baby weight. It took me 3 years to lose 30 lbs. CW
    2005 got pregnant again
    2006 began once again to lose baby weight... 9 lbs lost CW
    2007 8.4lbs lost CW
    2008 none CW
    2009 pregnant again
    April 30, 2010 had baby
    June 2010 Began Primal
    end of 2010 15lbs lost in 7 months! Much better progress being primal. plus my labwork is the best it's ever been!

I am much healthier and stronger. I've recently climbed a mountain, done a rock wall with little effort, ice skating and continuing in SimpleFit. Plus I get to eat awesome food along the way.

It may be slow, but it's steady.

Can I get an "amen"?
    Last edited by Momto3; 01-13-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: actually started primal June, not May
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Sally is offline Member
    amen!

I am ok with slow progress. My babies are 17, 18 and 19 now, and the baby weight was not an issue ages ago. However, during the past 7 years of marriage I've put on 30 lbs. "Slow and insidious" I figure if it took me 7 years to put it on, I should be patient if it takes awhile to take it back off.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    That's great! My goal is to lose 15 lbs. of fat this year. That's just over a pound a month (oh how I envy the people that can lose over a pound a week!). Seems like it takes me forever, but if I can be healthier next year than this year, that can only be a good thing!

thepaleochild is offline Senior Member
    I had my baby girl (our first) at the end of March 2010. I lost weight in the beginning of pregnancy (due to eating Paleo) and only gained 6 pounds during pregnancy. Then I lost about 15-17 pounds.

But, I gained it back over the past nine months. So I'm at the exact weight I was pre-pregnancy, even though I had dropped weight. I can't point to why, exactly.

Talking about it with a few ecologically breastfeeding mothers it seems that you fall into one of two categories postpartum (if breastfeeding).

Either you lose weight and it keeps falling off because you're burining more calories or your body keeps your fat stores as a "just-in-case" so you can continue feeding your child.

Now, I don't think this works with just breastfeeding but ecologically breastfeeding (co-sleeping, nursing on demand, no bottles, no pacifiers)

I think to truly lose weight I have to go into a more hardcore Paleo diet. No dairy, very few nuts and fruits.

That was a huge novel, but what I wanted to really say is that 15 pounds since June is AMAZING. Even more so since you are still in the postpartum period.

Good luck with it all!

I am hoping that the weightloss will speed up a bit once I wean. I also have PCOS, but I am very hopeful that having gone Primal will help level out hormonal issues. I am thrilled with the weightlloss so far....just need to remind myself that it is happening.

My Journal

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I'm big with the slow and steady. I've actually not lost a lot, but have improved in how I feel and how my hormones are working, so healing is coming first.

I have a goal for the first four months of this year now that my health is much better and hopefully I'll be able to see some good progress ... or, progress.

paleochild... I was the same way when I breastfed. I lost all my weight except for 15 pounds and that weight STAYED until I stopped breastfeeding. About a month after I stopped completely it started to drop and was gone in two months.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    ... And some ecological breastfeeders lose... NOTHING. *sigh*

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it took my body 14 months to loose the baby weight, and for me to be a normal size again, and that's with 'breast feeding on cue' and what not. my body just did not loose the weight from breastfeeding like others. LOL

and, since i'm still nursing, there's a bit of extra fat still on my shoulders and upper arms (totally weird, i tell you) which is part of the breast feeding adaptation.

but, i'm happy with where i am now and the primal results. they are amazing to me.

I so appreciate hearing from you ladies! Thank you!

My Journal

akchick is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
    My weight loss journey has been a long one. Having infertility issues since 1998, I had begun my journey to better health. I've tracked most of my journey with FitDay. I've been primal for a little over 7 months now. Before I was using conventional wisdom, high protein, whole grains.... anyway here is a summary of my progress over the years
    2002 Had baby and began to lose baby weight. It took me 3 years to lose 30 lbs. CW
    2005 got pregnant again
    2006 began once again to lose baby weight... 9 lbs lost CW
    2007 8.4lbs lost CW
    2008 none CW
    2009 pregnant again
    April 30, 2010 had baby
    June 2010 Began Primal
    end of 2010 15lbs lost in 7 months! Much better progress being primal. plus my labwork is the best it's ever been!

I am much healthier and stronger. I've recently climbed a mountain, done a rock wall with little effort, ice skating and continuing in SimpleFit. Plus I get to eat awesome food along the way.

It may be slow, but it's steady.

Can I get an "amen"?
    Momto3 -

Thanks so much for posting that. I loose verrrrry slowly (if at all), and it really helps put things in perspective and see your success with PB vs. CW!!! Slow and steady..................... AMEN!

Erica =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast