Thread: Breakouts (Skin) page

Twibble is offline Senior Member

Breakouts (Skin)

Primal Fuel
    Did anyone else's skin start breaking out worse than usual when they first went Primal? Trying to figure out if that's what causing it, or if I need to start looking at other things...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

junebu8 is offline Senior Member
    I always break out when I lose weight I started supplementing with curcumin capsules and it has all cleared up now (finally).

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Did anyone else's skin start breaking out worse than usual when they first went Primal? Trying to figure out if that's what causing it, or if I need to start looking at other things...
    There're so many different causes of acne, I'm sure a significant change in your diet could cause your skin to be bothered. This isn't helpful, but my skin has stayed pretty much the same no matter what I eat. (i.e. bad)
    Quote Originally Posted by junebu8 View Post
    I always break out when I lose weight I started supplementing with curcumin capsules and it has all cleared up now (finally).
    I heard somewhere that when you burn fat, the toxins that were trapped in it are released into the rest of your body. Dunno if that has any truth to it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Enamel View Post
    I heard somewhere that when you burn fat, the toxins that were trapped in it are released into the rest of your body. Dunno if that has any truth to it, though.
    It is. People can get heavy metal poisoning that way. No citations, at work right now.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I have pretty decent skin, but I do tend towards breakouts when I either lose weight or cut something bad for me. For example, I just finally gave up soda this week, and my face has several "almost" blemishes in little patches on it, where there weren't any before.

I use coconut oil as a moisturizer and that helps keep them from getting too bad and clearing up faster, but I expect I will have little skin issues until the stuff clears from my system.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

So...I'm probably stuck with it for awhile, or at least until I adjust to a new way of eating.

Blargh.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly