Most people prefer the taste of grain fed beef. It's more tender.
That's one of the big reasons why it is done.
I prefer my grass-fed steaks to any other steak, but I know what I'm doing now.
• I buy fresh and eat it within about 4 days or so of purchase. Freezing meat makes it dry. Trying to defrost it quickly make it even worse (put it in the fridge overnight to defrost it).
• The cut is important. You can still ruin a good steak, but you can't make a fantastic steak out of a bad bit of meat.
• I cook my steaks outside on the BBQ. They need to be sealed fast and well, then cooked as desired. I also use tallow to seal the steaks.
I don't use salt, but that can also be used to help you steaks come out better.
I can buy fillet steak (fed who knows what) cheaper than grass-fed t-bones. The fillet will always come out more tender, but I prefer the taste of the grass-fed t-bones.
The "Seven Deadly Sins"
• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
• Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
• Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)