Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Fat Loss Kick. Suggestions? page

pk79 is offline Member

Need a Fat Loss Kick. Suggestions?

So, I got down to 181, and then somehow after Christmas, I've put on another 12lbs. I've been eating pretty clean, no, haven't been tracking, but have been eating paleo/ primal, just like I did when I dropped really quickly.

For instance, yesterday was a typical day with some bacon in the AM, Chipotle with barbacoa, guac, fajita veggies, salsa and cheese, and last night was roasted chicken with zucchini. Snacked on nuts and dried fruit during the day, and coffee. Coffee in the AM has heavy cream, black in the afternoon.

Suggestions? I'd understand staying still or even a little weight, but 12lbs??
    boom.

SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    If you're looking for a short term boost I'd recommend taking a week or two off from the nuts and dried fruit. But don't worry too much about the weight, I think we all gained some during the holidays. Stay clean and it will all work itself out.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    you might try backing off on the dried fruit...maybe the nuts too. all fruit is pretty carb heavy, and that could be causing your weight gain or be keeping you from taking the weight off.
    also, it's good that you are eating primally...but are you exercising primally?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    "snacked on nuts and dried fruit during the day" + ate cheese. Eat two really filling meals at convenient and reasonable times, and nothing else at all the rest of the time. Lay off the dairy. Go for a sprint or hard run.

JBGrokerty is offline Member
    I'd bet a lot of that 12 pounds is inflammation (water weight). Lay off the dried fruit (any fruit) for right now. Increase your Vitamin D intake, including sunshine if you can find some this time of year.

When it comes on that quickly, a lot of it is not stored fat; it's an indicator that something is out of balance. Get the balance right, and the weight that jumped on fast should come off fast as well.

pk79 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    you might try backing off on the dried fruit...maybe the nuts too. all fruit is pretty carb heavy, and that could be causing your weight gain or be keeping you from taking the weight off.
    also, it's good that you are eating primally...but are you exercising primally?
    really good point. I've been running and doing pull ups, but haven't really done sprints since the snow started.
    boom.

pk79 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBGrokerty View Post
    I'd bet a lot of that 12 pounds is inflammation (water weight). Lay off the dried fruit (any fruit) for right now. Increase your Vitamin D intake, including sunshine if you can find some this time of year.

When it comes on that quickly, a lot of it is not stored fat; it's an indicator that something is out of balance. Get the balance right, and the weight that jumped on fast should come off fast as well.
    right now, I'm taking about 5000 ius of Vit D, and 1000mg of Fish oil. How much Vitamin D should I increase it to?

I also didn't realize dried fruit had that kind of effect, but everybody's mentioning get off it, so I'll be shoving that into the back of the cabinets for a little while.
    boom.

geologger is offline Junior Member
    I've found that an IF for most of a day (nothing until dinner) will jump start things.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    "snacked on nuts and dried fruit during the day" + ate cheese. Eat two really filling meals at convenient and reasonable times, and nothing else at all the rest of the time. Lay off the dairy. Go for a sprint or hard run.
    F-yeah. Lift something heavy too.

In all honesty, what tfarny has outlined is like... if you don't lean the frig out there's just something wrong with you. I'm going to go that route soon, already working on cutting back little indulgences here and there that are lingering from the holidays. I've promised myself a sick pack (not a six pack, a sick pack!) by the time may hits. I don't even go to the beach, but I'll be beach ready you better believe it.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just to re-iterate: If you are following the standard PB advice for weight loss (what I outlined) and not losing weight, that's one thing - but you're not. At least try to do it the way the rest of us are doing it. Dried fruit! My heavens.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast