Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Physio Therapy=Not loving my workout anymore page

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Hello beautiful people,

I am needing some Grok Love today.

I saw a Sports Med doctor Thursday about a sore knee that wasn't getting better; she gave me a preliminary diagnosis of a torn lateral meniscus with a large Baker's cyst; goodbye squats, deadlifts and lunges. Instead, she has me on the stupid leg-press machine, so I can't go past 90 degrees on my jacked-up knee. Oh, yeah... and 20-30 minutes per day on the dreaded stationary bike :-(

Of course, I am doing this because I NEED to get better; but I feel like I'm in jail. I'm having my third cup of coffee, and I still can't make myself go over to the gym...

My MRI appointment is this afternoon; but I won't be able to look at the pics with the Dr. until Tuesday; so of course I'm fearing the worst.

I am not normally a whiner, but I am NOT loving life right now...help???

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Looks like now is a good time to focus on upper body strength. Pull ups, medicine ball slams, army crawls.

There's no way you can feel bad if you master the pull-up!

Good point, DM.

That actually helps a lot :-D

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I often wonder about the CW in sports medicine that might be just plain wrong.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

maba is offline Senior Member

Kuno, there was a post by Mark a few months ago about how he was bed-ridden or couldn't do any leg exercises because of an injury and all he did was upper body exercise and at the end of it, he hadn't gained a single pound. I can't seem to find that post now. Dragonmamma is right, now is the time to focus on upper body. Do whatever PT you need to do to heal the torn meniscus and I hope it does really soon. We'll celebrate your recovery with some Primal Goat Biriyani, whatsay?

@PC: Yeah...I agree :-(

@maba: I will do a search for that article, and look forward to the "Day of Biriyani".

You folks on MDA are the BEST!

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

((((HUGS)))) you will get there ...but you have to heal...Grok would rest and heal so he could get back to it!! I know it is hard I have had to rest for 2 weeks now due to this Ebstien Barr virus and it is driving me nuts but if I push it and push it I will just get worse..and be set back even farther! .so gotta listen to your body and do what you need to do to heal...can you do any swimming? ask your dr about that? I do Reiki too bad I don't live near and I could do reiki on your knee and yes get your upper body going and don't forget your IF's and your gonna be fine! xoxo Darlene

Thanks, PG.

I'll check about the swimming. That would be fun....

We're both playin with pain; but we are also both going to get through this ;-)

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

yes we are ! we are strong sexy cave women and we will Grok on!!! yes ask if you can do swimming that can keep your legs strong and just ice your knee after! (((HUGS))) oxox Darlene

Hugs back, PG :-D

I'll see the DR. on Tuesday, review the pics from today, and go from there. But she doesn't seem to have a problem with me exercising (quite the contrary); just doesn't want me to put load on that leg past a certain angle, about 90%.

I'm still doing a ton of walking, even though hills hurt and my knee is screaming by the end (ICE.) She has me doing stationary bike, which I hate, but it might be helping to reduce the swelling on the back of my knee, so I do it. Individual leg presses, 3X15, aren't really my favorite exercise, but at least maybe they will keep me me from losing too much muscle in my quads.

But yeah. Swimming would be awesome...I'll definitely look into that. Thanks for the support, my Dear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast