Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MEATS you eat - help me make a list page 3

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Poultry: Only Whole Chicken, can't stand the breast meat anymore, and chicken wings, thighs, legs all with skin; Roast Turkey at Thanksgiving!; Pheasant; Dove; Duck

Red meat: Bison (ground or steaks); Beef cuts including flank steak, hangar steak, skirt steak (those are less common ones that are delicious) and of course ground beef and the typical cuts; Lamb including loin chops, ground lamb, leg of lamb; Venison and Elk; I've tried Goat meat but wasn't a fan, maybe we needed a different cut/recipe; Pork ribs (baby back are awesome), pork chops, don't really like pork tenderloin much, BACON; Rabbit is interesting

Fish/Seafood: Tilapia; Shrimp; Hubby likes Catfish; Halibut; Mussels; Scallops are okay; Octopus and Squid; Lobster (more than crab legs)

Reptiles/Amphibians: Frog legs! That's all I've tried though.

Organ meat: Have yet to try any

Other (insects? anything else?): Escargot rock!

Mixed meat: Whole hog sausage (it's much fattier than lean ground pork for instance, and much tastier)

NON-MEAT: Soy products, hot dogs, most processed sausages, goetta (um super gross...it's like sausage oatmeal basically); that "cooked ham" stuff that comes in a half oval shape...sick; anything pressed into a form like chicken nuggets or fish sticks; slim jim's (which include "mechanically separated chicken" in the ingredients...also sick) and most processed jerkies.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

feltsole is offline Junior Member

Poultry: Whole Chicken, Turkey, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, and Grouse

Red meat: Steak (of course), beef roast, beef stew, pork chops, pork shoulder, pork loin(stuffed w/ whole hog sausage, yum!), rabbit, squirrel

Fish/Seafood: Trout, steelhead, large and smallmouth bass, crappie, bluegill, catfish – I catch my own. Pretty much everything that comes from the sea but Shrimp (allergies, but I will try after I have been primal for a while).

Reptiles/Amphibians: frog legs – I get my own there too.

Organ meat: not so much

Other (insects? anything else?): Swallowed a fly by accident once

Mixed Meats: Whole hog sausage.

I am lucky. My uncle owns a butcher shop and my cousin makes the best whole hog sausage ever. They live in a small town in eastern Ohio where all of the beef and hogs are grass fed. – It’s just cheaper than grain. I am helping out local farmers, most of the guys I helped put up hay in the summer so I know them personally and they sell to make ends meet. Eat good… feel good!

Chicken hearts. Used to eat them with veggies and fried rice, now, Hmmm....I need a new 'recipe'. Maybe just 'mock cauliflower rice'?

I'd eat a bug, but ONLY if it were crunchy. All that squishy bug guts/ juice makes me wanna puke (& I have a very strong stomach!).

mseibel is offline Junior Member

I've eaten bugs - as in Bugs Bunny.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

For some reason, people get upset when I mention how tasty both Bambi and Thumper are... Along with Babe too of course

NicoB is offline Senior Member

NorthernMonke: Amen!

As a gag I'd say I've eaten most of the animal cast of Disney movies... Ha! Ha!

Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

mseibel is offline Junior Member

The only thing I eat on a semi regular basis that hasn't already been mentioned is sea cucumber. I have it at a Chinese restaurant and the way they prepare it it tastes like fermented cabbage. Really good.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I once had a burrito in Tijuana, Mexico that was SUPPOSED to be beef, but it sure didn't taste like any beef I've ever had. I strongly suspect it was dog. (Very tough and chewy, but good flavor.)

Any other liverwurst fans? I looove big fat chunks of liverwurst on either celery or a big lettuce leaf.

Tarlach is offline Member

We make our own liverwurst (the shop stuff is too salty). My wife likes it with almonds. I just have it by itself.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Y'all are awesome! Great lists!

Just curious... does anyone in here eat "head cheese"?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast