Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-Primal Partner page

stbluejay is offline Junior Member

Non-Primal Partner

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys

I'm very new to this site and the primal lifestyle. My question for you guys is how do you maintain this lifestyle if your partner is not primal? I'm ok in the days but when i get home its a struggle as her diet is quite crab heavy and food tends to contain pasta, rice, potatoes etc.

Now i know i can get off my proverbial and make my own (which i may have to) but i was wondering if anyone else is in this position.

Cheers ;p

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    We had a thread on that subject http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/showthread.php?16869-Uncooperative-Mate&highlight=primal+partner not too long ago. Some of us said "dump her" and they ended up not making it. So, get ready to get told to dump her.

My girlfriend isn't primal either, but I tend to cook more that she does and she makes me meat and veggies when she does cook. I think I'm pretty lucky to have the great girlfriend that I do. (no, she doesn't read this site)

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    you make your own food choices, she makes hers. where's the problem?

Yep, your proverbial butt will probably have to do some work. I would laugh hysterically if my hubby decided to go do some new fangled eating plan and then expected ME to prepare whatever he wanted. (because I'm a nice wife, I will make my guy things like rice that I choose not to eat, that he still enjoys but that I feel won't directly result in totally shitty health). Beyond that, if he wants to eat garbage, he has to make said garbage. If he cooks dinner, then I eat what he cooks...or I don't. (because he's a nice husband, he does a pretty good job accommodating my not-so-new fangled eating plan)...
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Crab is really good source of protein and is primal, by the way.

stbluejay is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies ;p

I'm not lazy i do make food but the way our routine is set up is we all eat together as family when i get home from work. So food is made while i'm in work, i've spoken to her tonight actually and we're gonna maake some changes together

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My Geek and I have an (unspoken) agreement: any meal must be a consensus (duh) and if it's something carb heavy, there's always a way to spin it Primal. He gets pasta, I get zuke noodles; he gets sandwiches, I get salads; he gets rice, I get spinach. If it's something where there's too much effort to make both versions, he'll just eat whatever I fix. I usually try to remember to get his carbs when I grab my salad base, but if I forget, he doesn't make a big deal out of it. Then again, if we're cooking, we both cook and both clean up the kitchen, so editing a recipe on the fly to make it more me or him friendly happens and life goes on.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I don't always cook, but I do all the grocery shopping and my apartment was gluten-free before my fiance moved in. He eats whatever's around (ok, I do keep the li'l smokies with cheese around for him...). If we're out, he eats whatever he wants.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    As a compromise, would she keep the carb-heavy foods separate? My boyfriend still eats pasta, bread, tortilla, whatever, but will not put it with the sauce, veggies, meat. The carb-i-ness is his choice to add into the meal, whoever cooks.

alireb is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well I cook in our family but my son and husband still eat some grains - bread, pasta, rice, etc. I normally make a protein (meat), a veggie, and then I'll add some brown rice or some noodles on the side for them and just have extra veggies for myself. It hasn't been an issue at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast