Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck Duck... page

IntrinsicArt is offline Senior Member

Stuck Duck...

Primal Fuel
    I have gone 14 days without weighing myself. Was aiming for the end of the month. Last night while I was walking it struck me that if nothing changed in that month, I would be very very bummed.
    I started Primal on Nov. 1st.
    I've lost 7 lbs.
    A few inches.
    One pair of pants has been set aside as my "progress pants". They are reason I started thinking on my walk. No change.
    On the scale this morning (yep, I caved), no change. Not an ounce. Grrr!!!

I am almost 34. 5 ft. 5 in. The scale this morning said 152. I wear an 8/10 depending on the pant/brand.
    My goal is to be at least in the lower 40's. High 30's would be better. And I want the 10's to be gone. The 8's to be loose. A few 6's in there.

I have not been eating dairy, fruit, or grains. A few nuts once or twice a week. What the Fish!!

Here is an average from My Plate:

Help would be very much appreciated

Rhoda

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Your diet looks (to me) to have all the right percentages and looks PB.

What are you doing for weekly activity? Are you Lifting Heavy Things at all? Walking/hiking/swimming/biking a few hours a week? Do you "sprint" ever?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

I have done 2 heavy lift workouts and 3 moderate walks (30 minutes at least) in the last two weeks. No sprints yet. The roads are snow covered and icy. I teach art, so I am rarely sitting on my butt. Usually hopping between students.

Thanks for your quick reply. Maybe more time...but I would hate to give it a month or more and not see anything change...

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I went from 187 lb to 160 lb simply by virtue of spending 2-5 hours a day teaching English in China (no sitting down), despite the pretty crap diet. So your casual movement should definitely help there.

I personally find my greatest gains through my strength training. I was doing twice a week, as per the PB, but I'm doing Mon/Wed/Fri now and my body's responding well to it.

Part of it is eliminating this or that and seeing how it works. Sometimes one little thing can cause an issue that stalls weight loss progress. I know others here will have better/more specific advice for you!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes it just takes longer.

How do you feel?

How much do you really need to lose? I'm not talking vanity loss here, I'm talking biological necessity. You would LIKE to be a certain weight or size but are you sure that is healthy for you?

Are you eating enough? Sleeping enough? Stress in check?

I would give your body at least 3 months to adjust. If you aren't seeing changes in that time - changes in how you feel, improvements in strength/stamina, increase in muscle tone - only then might you consider that it's not working.

How do you feel?
    I thought about that, before I caved and jumped on the scale. I feel good. I sleep well. PMS symptoms gone. Headaches gone. Clearer skin. No tummy problems.

How much do you really need to lose?
    Ten pounds would put me in the healthy range. I am at the top of the healthy range. I am still carrying to much baggage in my thighs, rear, and love handles.
    (there are before pics in my journal...link in my sig.)
    I know that physically, I should be thinner. I have been at 138 using CW.
    Are you eating enough? Sleeping enough? Stress in check?
    Eating enough. I am averaging about 1500 calories. Not sure I could eat much more than that without being to full.
    Sleeping enough. About 9 to 9 1/2 hours. (And uninterrupted now that I have a place to put the cat at night).
    Stess. No more than usual. I'm a teacher in a very small school that is making major cuts. It's as "under control" as I can possibly get it

Thanks for your thoughts. I think it is time to make some tweaking. I am almost at the 3 month mark.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    yeah but did you feel better at 138 on CW?

sorry i don't have any weight loss tips for you. I've never really tried to lose weight except by extreme reduction of calories & it was mostly for vanity reasons, not to get healthier.

well that's not true, i did try to lose weight once for fitness & reduction in diet + hill repeats on the one man made hill here in west houston did do the trick but even then, I feel waaay better now than then.

i think the "feeling better" part is worth this way of eating, i would never go back to SAD.

Hopefully others can help you with real tips. Good luck!

yeah but did you feel better at 138 on CW?
    I was watching calories, doing cardio and strength training, and felt pretty good. The problem was, I gained it back when I went back to work. I had the energy to be a SAHM, but working burned me out. I started reaching for the carbs and sugar. And I gained weight.

I won't go back to CW. I just need help tweaking Primal so I can lose the extra fat/inches.

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member
    Are you eating any coconut oil? I really found that the more coconut products I ate, the faster I lost fat. I think it's all the MCFA's that boost your metabolism. Regardless it looks like you are doing everything right. Sometimes it takes a while to "fix" your metabolism. Maybe focus on the fact that you are becoming more healthy on the inside to tide you over until you see that reflected on the outside? It's all in the spin...

It's all in the spin...
    So true. And I was okay until I tried on those dang pants!

I eat coconut oil, but haven't had many other coconut products lately. I will start adding them back in. Good idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast