Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: you all were SO RIGHT about pastured dairy

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    702

    you all were SO RIGHT about pastured dairy

    Shop Now
    I finally found a source for pastured raw dairy & meats. Just picked up my order today. The butter is magnificent, the heavy cream could be spooned from its container and almost as thick as the sour cream. And the sour cream -- OMG! I also got a piece of mozzarella which I haven't yet tasted, eggs, chicken wings and grassfed beef & liver. This was really worth searching out. I know I might y have to supplement somewhat from a standard grocery store because of budgetary concerns, but the quality of these foods is well worth the extra price. I encourage anyone who hasn't found a supplier to keep on searching!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,795
    I love my local source for eggs and raw milk!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    91
    I love our pastured eggs, meats and dairy. The butter - yum!

  4. #4
    Yeah, now instead of considering it superior, consider it "normal", and think about the levels CAFO food has fallen to. Then get angry and do something about it!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I finally found a source for pastured raw dairy & meats. Just picked up my order today. The butter is magnificent, the heavy cream could be spooned from its container and almost as thick as the sour cream. And the sour cream -- OMG! I also got a piece of mozzarella which I haven't yet tasted, eggs, chicken wings and grassfed beef & liver. This was really worth searching out. I know I might y have to supplement somewhat from a standard grocery store because of budgetary concerns, but the quality of these foods is well worth the extra price. I encourage anyone who hasn't found a supplier to keep on searching!
    I don;t have access to raw dairy, but I have been buying organic pastured butter/heavy cream/half-half/eggs, and the TASTE alone is worth the purchase.

    OMG! Organic Valley Pastured Butter is to DIE FOR! I like it so much. Much better than "regular" supermarket butter (Land O Lakes butter taste like cardboard) and even Kerrygold (taste good, but Organic Valley has a more "rich and nutter" favor). It's rather strange that my WF has them since it is a limited "edition", but then again, people are afraid of fat. Oh well....... more for me then!

    Go Pastured Dairy!
    Last edited by Zed; 01-12-2011 at 02:29 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    I don;t have access to raw dairy, but I have been buying organic pastured butter/heavy cream/half-half/eggs, and the TASTE alone is worth the purchase.

    OMG! Organic Valley Pastured Butter is to DIE FOR! I like it so much. Much better than "regular" supermarket butter (Land O Lakes butter taste like cardboard) and even Kerrygold (taste good, but Organic Valley has a more "rich and nutter" favor). It's rather strange that my WF has them since it is a limited "edition", but then again, people are afraid of fat. Oh well....... more for me then!

    Go Pastured Dairy!
    Time to buy them out and fill your freezer!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest USA
    Posts
    559
    Indeed. I think there may be a chest freezer in my future.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    702
    I just wanted to add that I'm in my 60s --- and I remember when dairy products tasted this way...when cream floated on top of the milk bottles and butter was this wonderous yellow color and sour cream was thick in its own right without some cornstarch filler..........
    Tomorrow I'm planning on sauteing the beef cubes with some bean sprouts and shitakes...........its like going home again.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    OMG! Organic Valley Pastured Butter is to DIE FOR! I like it so much. Much better than "regular" supermarket butter (Land O Lakes butter taste like cardboard) and even Kerrygold (taste good, but Organic Valley has a more "rich and nutter" favor). It's rather strange that my WF has them since it is a limited "edition", but then again, people are afraid of fat. Oh well....... more for me then!
    Ahhhh, I'm going to the city in a few days, and I know of one store that carries organic valley raw cheese, so I hope they have the butter, too.
    I still haven't fulfilled my dream of seeing what raw milk tastes like. :<

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    44
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Enamel View Post
    Ahhhh, I'm going to the city in a few days, and I know of one store that carries organic valley raw cheese, so I hope they have the butter, too.
    I still haven't fulfilled my dream of seeing what raw milk tastes like. :<
    It's the same situation for me. I go to school in Nashville, and have no access to a car, and thus access to raw dairy would require great effort on my part.

    Quite some time may pass before my palette may be graced with the supposedly heavenly taste of raw, pastured dairy...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •