Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pets PB page

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member

Pets PB

Primal Fuel
    A while back I transitioned my two Dacshunds to a diet of "Taste of the Wild" and then slowly incorporated raw chicken necks, then ground beef, and every once in a while chicken backs. Everything I have read and been told on this forum and others was that there poop would stop smelling and be less frequent and whitish. The odd thing is that every once in a while this is true but they both have liquid poop and a clear gel coming from there "back ends" quite often, should I go back to just the "Taste of the Wild"? With that formula they have large smelly feces which really surprises me because it is just sweet potato and meat. This is really confusing to me now and the occasional non smelly white small poop is almost rare. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kennelmom I need your help

anyone?

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    I've been feeding my dogs raw for 5-6 months. I'm not an expert by any means but I'm guessing what you're seeing is mucous which could be detoxing. it could also mean too much fat. I'm not sure about the "whitish" comment... That would mean too much bone... I also don't know about the plan you are using but there are a couple LARGE raw-feeding yahoo groups you could check in to.

My hounds get only bone, organ meat, fat & muscle. I do not feed them any carbs!

Primal pets = happy pets!

Thanks, I read somewhere that the mucous is actually their intestines "shedding" but it should only happen every once is a while. The dogs were only getting chicken necks and 85% lean ground beef, so confused. I want to keep them raw because i have seen such positive results but the feces is terrible and my older dog is struggling every time she goes.

I will definitely check out the Yahoo groups, thanks again

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    well, and how you believe you should feed will determine which yahoo group you join and listen to (same as going primal, eh?).

I have the same thought process for feeding my critters as i do feeding humans... is it natural (to them)?

I don't see dogs eating cooked anything. I don't see dogs eating grains. I don't see dogs eating veggies or fruit.

Feed them their primal diet and they will be fine (but just like we had to learn how to feed ourselves properly, so you will need to learn how to properly feed your pooches).

good luck and your houndies will really love you when you get this figured out.

I really cannot wait to figure it out, sometimes I feel like I did and then for some reason one of them has an upset stomach. I will sooner or later. At this point they are just happy that I am not feeding them the commercial crap anymore.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    dump the Taste of the Wild.
    one of my dogs gets softer stools w/too much liver. then, one cat doesn't like emu and pukes it back up within mins of eating it. shrug.
    chicken quarters, neckbones, chicken frames, offal. a couple times a week they'll get some of my left over veggies.

happy animals.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

I have had the same experience with the Taste of the Wild, there stool is no different from the old crap dog food that I was feeding them before I stumbled on feeding raw. It is also very expensive for dry dog food, going to stick to the raw food and hope they adjust. Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast