Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I Be Feeling This Guilty For Not Eating My Veggies? page

pauleygirl Guest

Hello Everyone. I am so excited to hear from all of you,so let me get to the point and let the magic begin....

I am 5'2'' and (thanks to PB)weigh 185. Two and a half weeks ago I weighed between 204 and 207. I found MDA about a month and a half ago and have only started to actively participate in the last 3 weeks.

Here is the thing. Before I found MDA and PB I worked out daily doing something to keep my body toned and hopefully loose weight. Very successful with the toning, not so much the losing weight. However, now I am doing more slow moving activities and less often and I am extremely less toned.

So, here are the two questions I have:

1. Any easy ideas to help tone up quickly with a small time allowance (as I am now a full time employee, full time single mom, and full time student)?

2. More importantly, since beginning PB, I am not hungry very often. I really have to remind myself to eat. When I do eat, I do not always have a veggie. I like them, but I am sick of them. I want to have them when I want to have them and I feel guilty that I may not be getting enough of what I need because of this.

Here is an example of what I may eat on a typical day-a sausage and egg mcmuffin without the mcmuffin. About a quarter cup of cashews or a snack pack serving size of almonds and/or some sunflower kernels. Meatloaf or polish sausage, and some beef jerky (store bought) and almost daily a few strawberries with coconut milk (2-3T) and whip cream. I should mind you that when I do have veggies I saute' or fry them in butter and I try to eat about 12oz. of meat a day. I should also say that it is not always the leanest cuts of meat,because I cannot afford them always. My overall meat intake includes the following cuts: chicken breast and whole chicken, bacon, lean and non-lean hamburger, polish sausage, occasionaly bonesless pork shop, turkey and ham lunchmeat slices, roast and flank steak (however, rarely on the last two mentioned cuts).

I want to make sure that I am being as healthy as I can be (otherwise what is the point), but I also want to lose weight, be toned, and have energy.

What do I need to change, add, or take out?

Oh yeah, I am out daily for at least 10 minutes in the sun (usually the beach)-vitamin D. And I take a fish oil supplement when I remember to.

Heellllpppppp.

pauleygirl Guest

Wanted to also add that I do shop for organic and grass-fed when I have access to them and/or money for them, but it is not the norm for our household. Definately something I strive toward though.

pauleygirl Guest

Oh yeah. Got the bool. Loved it! Finished it in 2hours. Have read it two times since in the 3 weeks I have owned it.

Still, feel like I am doing something wrong. Would love any and all input-

Tarlach is offline Member

For toning, try to do big strength exercises. Squats, deadlifts, push-ups, chin-ups and/or dips.

You shouldn't be eating lean cuts of meat, so be happy with the cheaper cuts. Grass-fed beef is probably better than grain finished beef, but do as well as you can.

Don't feel guilt about not eating many veggies. They aren't critical.

I personally wouldn't have the dairy, but that's up to you.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

pauleygirl Guest

Tarlach,

I am so greatful for all advice you offer. I have read some of your responses to other posts and feel that you are on the path I want to walk on. So, thank you so much.

Do you feel, and if anyone else has an opinion I would like to hear it, that I should eat a certain amount of protein and/or fats per day? If so, please do not confuse me with percentages

Griff is offline Senior Member

Pauleygirl: How much protein and fat you eat per day is dependent on a number of things, mainly your activity level, your lean body mass, your height... I wouldn't try to count calories, just carbs. And go by what your body feels is adequate. For me, a six-ounce steak and a couple of fried eggs is enough to keep me satisfied for eight hours before I start feeling hungry again.

You said "don't confuse me with percentages," so I won't.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

pauleygirl Guest

Griff

Thanks for the reply. I went online and got a few rough estimates. Apparently, my lean body mass is around 95, I would put my activity level as of late between sedentary and moderate. I just want to make sure that I am getting all of the nutrients I need. I do not think I am as of late as I have been extra tired. As I said earlier, I am 5'2''.

Hope that helps you or anyone else help me figure out what I may be lacking if anything.

After taking the last few hours reading in the forums, I am going to say that I should make sure I am getting my 12oz. of protein a day, and eat fats. If I am hungry after that, continue to eat more healthy fats. Just make sure that I am getting all of my protein and fill up the rest of my day with fats. Is that a fair evaluation of what I am getting from all of this great info online? As I stated earlier, yeah, I eat the veggies, but have not been wanting them much lately. Just the meat and nuts and seeds.

Tarlach is offline Member

Griff has the right idea. A 6oz steak sounds a bit small, but I don't eat many meals each day.

Don't eat lean meat.

Don't be scared of fat.

Eat enough meat to make you feel full (you don't have to be stuffed)

Keep your carbs to a minimum

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

pauleygirl Guest

Thanks again everyone. I think I am so worried about doing the wrong thing, for a great reason: I do not want to get even bigger, that I am making this harder than it is in reality.

It is nice to have all of you here as a springboard and I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my concerns as I am sure you have answered many similar ones already.

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I want to piggy back with others have said but disagree regarding the veggies. I think they should be part of any lifestyle. Instead of frying them in butter how about olive oil instead or boiling them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast