Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I Be Feeling This Guilty For Not Eating My Veggies? page 3

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

hannahc, you are SO right about Tarlach and dairy! He is such a great, knowledgeable poster but his views on even cheese or cream are, um, unique. Oh yeah, then there's the issue with the solana family.

Tarlach is offline Member

Well I am a paleo eater (of which the PB is based upon).

One of the basic tenants of paleo is no dairy.

Mark also says:
    [quote]

Dairy – Dairy isn’t strictly Primal. After all, Grok didn’t start his day off with milk – at least not after infancy.
    </blockquote>

If you take that seriously, then dairy should be out on the PB also (sounds like it&#39;s mostly in Mark&#39;s 20%).

I have read what dairy can do to you and it&#39;s pretty scary. Cheese/cream may have less casein and lactose in it, but I still couldn&#39;t call it food. Ghee is the best dairy product, but you won&#39;t catch me eating that either.

I don&#39;t eat Solanaceae, as I don&#39;t believe man has been exposed to them long enough to adapt to eating them. Again, there&#39;s plenty of evidence for this.

At the end of the day it&#39;s up to you, but many people don&#39;t get the results, as they don&#39;t make enough changes where it actually matters.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

pauleygirl Guest

Thank you everyone for your ongoing comments.

Tarlach and hannahc I think I am mostly with you. It is not at all that I do not enjoy the occasional veggie. I do and always will. I just do not feel as if I want them all the time and I wanted to make sure that it is ok if I do not have them. I think it is. Since I posted the original post I have probably had only 1 cup of veggies total and I feel ok. I do not feel as if I am missing something, not that I necessarily would.

I must admit, I have been more tired lately and though I have been trying to sleep longer (be more primal)-went from 4.5-5 hours up to 6.5-7 hours, I still feel tired in my face if that makes any sense. I mean, my eyes feel very tired and I feel as if I have bags under them. I guess I feel as if I look tired to everyone else-though noone has said so. I feel guilty for sleeping the extra time, but I am trying to break away from that. I think it is mostly because I am only going into my third, maybe third and a half week here, so my body is adjusting and just in case I did step up my protein and the different sources of my protein. I am going to try to get my protein mostly from cuts of red meat and dark meat from chicken-fill the gaps with jerky and eggs. Up until now it has been jerky, polish sausage, hamburger, chicken.

Thank you all for your ongoing support. It is appreciated so much. I feel like I have a team of experts helping through this new lifestyle and it makes a world of difference. Many thanks!

Shine is offline Member

I used to think that the exclusion of dairy was excessive until I tried it. After two weeks of eliminating all dairy, I experienced results akin to my first few weeks of eschewing sugars and grains. Any residual acne or digestive disturbances disappeared. I do consume the rare pat of butter or chunk of aged cheese as a treat, but I refuse to drink milk or cream.

I realize that this is purely anecdotal; however, it does seem that the preponderance of evidence supports the exclusion rather than inclusion of dairy. Plus, if the central ethos of primal logic is WWGD (What would Grok do?), it would follow that consuming dairy is not part of the plan.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Oh pauleygirl you have to sleep!! You&#39;re feeling tired because even with your increased sleep time you&#39;re still not even getting 8 hours. I do believe it depends on what your REM patterns are like, some people do best with 7.5, 8, 8.5, and even 9 hours, but there has been lots of viable research saying that anything less than 6.5 isn&#39;t enough for anyone! I&#39;m best at 8, but 7.5 is my normal these days. 6.5 two nights in a row makes me feel awful.

There&#39;s no reason to feel guilty for getting your sleep, again, you really need it! Try different patterns for a few days each (7 for a few days, then 7.5, then 8, etc) and see what feels good for you. I even tend to wake up without an alarm at 8 hours, which I&#39;ve heard means that it&#39;s the right amount for me. I&#39;m glad you&#39;re feeling better about your diet though!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123