Thread: fat and protein intake questions.. page

jaymie225 is offline Junior Member

fat and protein intake questions..

Shop Now
    Hello,
    I have some concerns about my levels of fat and protein intake...
    I count calories, carb, pro, fat intake..I am just used to doing it, and stresses me out if I dont keep track...so, that said, according to Fitday, with trying to only consume 75g CHO, I need to consume around 1700-1800 calories, 82 g PRO, and 122g FAT...

The last few days have looked like this: (I have a program on my phone that calculates everything, along with using a barcode scanner and/or kitchen scale to measure)
    1/8 1616 cal, 93.87 fat, 95.76 cho, 96.48 pro (this was my first day of this, so not very good with the carbs)
    1/9 1761cal, 118.57 fat, 62.37 cho, 113.53 pro
    1/10 1649cal, 111.42 fat, 76.77 cho, 92.29 pro
    1/11 1539 cal, 91.39 fat, 82.59 cho, 91.97 pro (not as hungry yesterday)

My question is this: my pro and fat intake seem to be around the same as eachother each day, or close to, and I am wondering if that is going to pose a problem since I am supposed to consume more fat than protein...??
    My goal is to lose 20-30 pounds, and then to continue living this way but going into maintence...
    If I have too much protein, will that convert to glucose? do i have to be concerned about too much protein? What if I dont eat enough fat? Or what if my fat=pro intake?
    What foods do you consume that provide fat without a lot of protein? I find that my high fat foods have high protein in them too..

Trying to wrap my brain around this..

TIA,
    Jaymie

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil
    Bacon
    Egg yolks
    Butter
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymie225 View Post
    Hello,
    My question is this: my pro and fat intake seem to be around the same as eachother each day, or close to, and I am wondering if that is going to pose a problem since I am supposed to consume more fat than protein...??
    My goal is to lose 20-30 pounds, and then to continue living this way but going into maintence...
    If I have too much protein, will that convert to glucose? do i have to be concerned about too much protein? What if I dont eat enough fat? Or what if my fat=pro intake?
    What foods do you consume that provide fat without a lot of protein? I find that my high fat foods have high protein in them too..

Trying to wrap my brain around this..

TIA,
    Jaymie
    Your fat and protein are the same in grams. Fat has more than twice the calories so you are getting more than double your energy from fat than protein.

"since I am supposed to consume more fat than protein" I don't understand this statement. I frequently eat more calories from protein than fat.

set 0-150g of carbs depending on goals.
    set .7-1.5g protein /lb of LBM depending on goals.
    fat g equals the balance of calories.

Ratios and "suopposed to's" be damned. As you can see depending on goals ratios could be wildly different.

"Extra" protein may turn to glucose but it will never matter. Yes you have to be concerned with too much protein. If your protein intake starts to approch 90% of calories you may have problems.