Thread: Body Fat Re-test after 3 months gone primal/paleo... page

Karma is offline Senior Member

Red face Body Fat Re-test after 3 months gone primal/paleo...

Suck this conventional wisdom! Dunk tank tested again today and the results are very encouraging. I have not had tremendous success in getting my exercise in since recovery from my knee surgery has taken a whole lot longer than I was hoping and then right when it got to feeling better, I threw out my shoulder doing kettle-bell flys !

5'7" , 42 YO Male

10/6/10 - Dry Weight 160, Lean mass/muscle 79.85% (127lb). , BF% 20.15 (32lbs)

1/11/11 - Dry weight 150, Lean mass/muscle 84.65% (126.95lb) , BF% 15.35 (23lbs)

So I lost 10 pounds and only .05 of it was muscle. I am very stoked to see these numbers and now that I am feeling healthy again my plan is to spend the next couple of months losing another 8-10 pounds of fat and gaining 4-6 pounds of muscle by hitting the weight room a few times a week and doing a lot of movnat work outdoors. My body really likes 140-145 lbs. Every time I have been there its been my "sweet spot" for performance and feeling good.

I am not sure where this journey will lead me, but I am liking the road so far.

Last edited by Karma; 01-11-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Hi,I'm trying to test the accuracy of a body fat calculator I have on my phone. Would you mind giving me your neck and waist measurements so I can enter your details and compare results?

Incidentally, you are only an inch less real than me and 5 pounds lighter :-)

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Hi,I'm trying to test the accuracy of a body fat calculator I have on my phone. Would you mind giving me your neck and waist measurements so I can enter your details and compare results?

Incidentally, you are only an inch less real than me and 5 pounds lighter :-)
    neck is 15.25 inches (39cm) and waist is 30 inches (76cm)

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks karma, the army physical fitness bf% app calculates your bf% to be 9%, so quite a bit out then. Good to know :-)