Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have any of you attended a Michael Pollan talk? page

lizch is offline Senior Member

Have any of you attended a Michael Pollan talk?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    He's speaking in Seattle on Saturday. Worth attending? (He's the guy who wrote the Omnivore's Dilemma and In Defense of Food.)
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I've never been to a talk of his, but I like reading his books. I started with "The Botany of Desire", which I loved.

Sure why not, I'd go.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    I saw him speak in Berkeley last year. If you like his books, you'll enjoy his talks. He's an engaging speaker.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I haven't actually read his books (though I did just download the free first 50 pages of two of them onto my Kindle) but I went ahead and bought a ticket anyway.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

slacker is offline Senior Member
    I've seen him talk on Book TV. He's a great speaker. I think you'll enjoy hearing him.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    I lost a LOT of respect for him for his support of SB510 but i'd still go see what he has to say. He's a good speaker and makes some good points

ritz is offline Junior Member
    Love his books - I hope you'll let us know how the talk was!

Stu
    Stu is offline Member
    I lost a LOT of respect for him for his support of SB510
    Maybe I am just ignorant but what is SB510? I generally think Michael Pollan has a lot of good things that he says, I'd be interested in knowing what this is.

Thanks

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Maybe I am just ignorant but what is SB510? I generally think Michael Pollan has a lot of good things that he says, I'd be interested in knowing what this is.

Thanks
    Senate Bill 510 the Food "Safety" Modernization Act.

I agree, Pollan is pretty on about most things he says but not his support of this.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yeah, the nutshell is that SB510 is corporate driven. safe food is big agra and big seed companies like monsanto. one element of hte bill suggests that people who grow their own gardens can only grow X number of vegetables and fruits, and more than that would qualify them as a farm. should they sell them, then they are a farm. should they give them away, they are a farm. it's *intense*. or it was. not sure how it is doing now. haven't looked at it in a fair bit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast