Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angorarabbit's Journal page

Smile Angorarabbit's Journal

I am angorarabbit and this is my journal. I am a doula in western PA, 24 years young with a great husband and happy flock of readily available meat in my backyard :-) (I raise chickens, ducks, turkeys and quail)

I am struggling (like most Americans in the grips of SAD and CW) with my weight and I am hoping to gain a nice amount of muscle, lose a lot of fat and just become a healthier person in general.

At this point my biggest difficulty is sticking with the nutrient ratios I have calculated when reading PB book. I should be keeping my cals between 1863-2300, fat between 125-140
    carbs between 50-75 and protein between 78-85.

I've got fat and protein down pat but the fact that I'm less than enthusiastic about veggies doesn't help my case. I grew up in a house where the only veg options were corn (i know, i know), green beans and potatos. We also never ate seafood.

Luckily I will try almost anything at least once and I've been able to find veggies I like (cabbage, eggplant, squash, etc.) as well as great seafood options (yum, scallops!).

Frustrations with this so far have really just been my husband. He's extremely supportive of me but he doesn't "get" PB and while I wouldn't say he eats the SAD fully anymore, he needs to lose a significant amount of weight for his own sake. (Hubby's dad died of a heart attack in his early 50s).
    He typically eats an apple for breakfast or skips it altogether. He puts together his own lunch which if it's not leftovers is usually a sandwich, some carrots and a couple cookies and he eats whatever dinner I make (Primal). He doesn't think he can cut out grain and prefers to stick with weight watchers. I can't force him to anything but he eats totally primal on weekends and he knows it

I'm hoping that we'll start TTC this coming fall so my biggest goal is to get my BF% down. At the moment I think it measured 45% which is a total disgrace for me. I used to dance, swim and was just a generally active person. I was never thin (I love pastries too much) but I was muscular and now I just feel like a giant blob.

I have a life goal of completing the appalachian trail and I want to shed my burden so that I can complete this goal!

dinner was an OMGDELISH chicken parm.

Chicken powdered with some almond flour, washed in egg and then breaded in a heavily seasoned mix of pulverized pork rinds and parm cheese. Fried in butter until cooked through then topped off with a bit more parm cheese, and a heavily reduced tomato sauce. Yay!

I need to start tracking my foods better but I find that I can never hit my calorie goal of 1863 cals and when I do my fat or protein consumption is off the charts. Me thinks I don't need to be eating almost 200g of fat or 150g of protein (not accurate numbers, but darn close).

I had a very difficult time doing weight watchers in the past because I simply cannot eat all the food I was supposed to be eating. 34 points worth of food is a lot of food and I ended up eating all day or pigging out on junk food just to hit my point value. There's nothing like a day full of healthy eating choices ruined by 16 points worth of cookies and ice cream because I have to hit my 34 points! (one of many reasons why the logic of WW escapes me). Even now there are days eating PB when I could quite happily eat barely 1000 calories and be perfectly satisfied which is horrible for the amount of weight loss I want to achieve.

Even more depressing? Now that I'm eating PB I have to buy eggs. Now that days are shortened and cold my poor chooks are barely turning out an egg a day (that's between 4 healthy hens) however, come March I have 2 healthy pullets that should start making up for the old biddies reduced production. Yay!

I'm off for my overindulgent dessert of fried cinnamon apples, dark chocolate and devon double cream

I recent news I've decided to say "f*** it!" in regards to tracking my calories, fats and carbs (don't worry, I NEVER hit 50 unless I try), at least for 30 days. Sticking with the program is what's more important for me and I find it less stress if I can just worry about how to eat first then what to eat later.

Breakfast: Perfect scrambled eggs (4 eggs, 3 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp cream)
    Tomatoes lightly fried in bacon fat
    Bacon (4 slices)
    2 cups coffee with cream

Dinner: Oxtail stew with carrots, parsnips and turnips

If I bother with lunch it'll probably be a salad with tuna and boiled eggs

Today's workout will be shoveling my driveway, which is in fact, uphill both ways!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Trust your body not the numbers.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

I've just registered for a level 1 kayaking class! I'm a water person, through and through. I'm happiest in a lake, river, ocean or even a swimming pool. I prefer baths to showers..that kind of thing. Anyway, I've always wanted to learn how to kayak and I've decided that this summer I'm going to learn. First Saturday in May is my first lesson and I've roped my mother into it with me! DH would be going but he has no idea how to swim and when I try to teach him there's always an excuse
    I've been looking into kayak rentals near where I live and it's pretty inexpensive (~$30 from a 3 hour max to all day depending on company) so I'm hoping that this is something I will enjoy and want to keep doing.

Approximately 3.5 miles walked today. By this evening I'm hoping for an even 10, but we'll see what happens.

Dinner: Mexi-bowl. Beef with taco seasoning, greens, onions, tomatoes, sour cream, and cheese

I keep having this distinct feeling that I'm going to end up having to cut out dairy, and that makes me sad. I don't really consume too much milk anymore, but I love cheese with a passion that I cannot describe

So I made some of the primal "cereal" today, the mixed roasted nuts. So delicious. Mine is a mix of hazelnuts, walnuts and almonds and I threw in some chopped up chocolate for giggles. 1/2 cups with a little bit of cream and some blueberries made a very filling snack.

Intake for today: 1/2 cup mixed nuts with heavy cream, chocolate and blue berries
    6 oz. seasoned beef w/ sour cream and 1 cup spinach

I have an interview on Monday with a veterinary clinic. This makes me very happy! I've been trying to find technician work in my area for over a year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one!

Dinner will be either seasoned cube steak with bacon lettuce tomato and cheese and Brussels sprouts or a steak. I have a feeling DH might be taking me out.

ETA: all of a sudden I really, really want a diet pepsi. argh....
    Last edited by angorarabbit; 01-14-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Breakfast/Lunch: @ eggs, 3 slices bacon, tsp mayo

Dinner: 4oz. brisket, 2 TBSP Buffalo Chicken Dip, 1 cup coconut milk, 1 cup strawberries, 2 squares chocolate, 4 baked sweet potato fries with butter and 2x2 piece apple cake

Today was a 20% day. I couldn't resist the apple cake and I knew that I should have, but I didn't.

Paleobird Guest
    Kayaking is a great upper body workout but you are having such fun that you don't even notice it as "work".

And, yes, trust what your body is telling you and don't stress out about the math.

I love your chicken parma recipe. I have got to give that one a try.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for stopping by Paleobird! Since ignoring the math, everything has become much easier and more enjoyable. Eating according to PB makes me a happier person. I have more energy and I WANT to be active. I no longer pine about how I wish I could do something, I actually just go and make the plans. I've quit being ashamed of how I let myself go and by knowing that I'm working on improving myself, I feel more freedom to be involved. This is why I finally decided to give kayaking a go.

Breakfast: butter fried apples with cinnamon, 3 perfect scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon (I need to go to the bacon store)

Job interview today! yay! After about 4 months of actively looking I finally have an interview. I just hope all goes well. Wish me luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast