Thread: Fit Day Question page

skline2 is offline Senior Member

Fit Day Question

So I was trying to use Fit Day for the first time to try and figure out how many carbs I eat. But I'm seeing a big problem. I always make my own sauces and dressings. For example, last night I made a chunky andouille sausage BBQ sauce to go with my pork chop. The sauce had 8 oz of andouille sausage, two cups of tomato sauce, 1.5 c of onion, 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp cumin, and 2 tsp chili powder and 1/2 Tbsp of Splenda brown sugar. Now how and the world do I put that into Fit Day? My broccoli had a brown butter, lemon and garlic sauce.

RednGreen is offline Member
    You can do it but there will be a little work involved. You'll have to figure out the nutrient breakdown of each ingredient in your sauces dressings and total it all up. Then go to "Create a Custom Food" and add the info. I always include how much I consider a serving to be in the title of my custom food. For instance, you could call it "Andouille Saus BBQ 1/2 cup" just so you'll know exactly how much it is because when it is added to your list of food, it isn't as clear as with the other foods.

It's a little bit of work, but once you figure it out it will always be in there for next time.
    "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

junebu8 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's what I do, too, every now and then when I feel like counting. It's so satisfying to have your custom foods ready for you!