Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Confusing page

seaclam is offline Senior Member

So Confusing

Primal Fuel
    So, I started Primal on 1/1 after researching for 3 mos. I am not eating any starch, rice, pasta, dairy or alcohol. I am eating vegies(mushrooms, avocados, lettuce, tomatoes, fennel) and some dried fruit & nuts. I have seen much info regarding diet: no nuts, no dairy, no caffeine, no fruit. So what gives? I 'm kinda just going with my instincts and trying to keep as primal as possible but their is so much conflicting information from the posts my head is going to explode. Any advice? Also, started my resistant training today. I ma a weak, weak man. I only managed 32 forward lunges, 12 regular push ups + 13 knee push ups, 25 full squats, 1 min elbow plank, 1 min side plank(both). Very discouraging.

Do you have the Primal Blueprint book?

alireb is offline Member
    I would be careful with the dried fruits since they have a lot more sugar than fresh. And you'll get stronger over time - just stick with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Syracusedoula View Post
    Do you have the Primal Blueprint book?
    Read cover to cover. I understand the book completely but there is so much conflicting in the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by alireb View Post
    I would be careful with the dried fruits since they have a lot more sugar than fresh. And you'll get stronger over time - just stick with it!
    I eat less than a handful a day. Is regular fruit OK?

RezH is offline Senior Member
    10 days is not enough time to assess anything. Give it several weeks at least.

What are your goals? What kind of meat are you eating? What kind of fat do you eat besides avocado? I disagree on the conflicting information. Do what is in the book. Personally, I would toss out the fruit except for berries. Sugar is not you friend.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Regular fruit is fine. I sort of stick to apples, berries, and other lowish sugar stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RezH View Post
    10 days is not enough time to assess anything. Give it several weeks at least.

What are your goals? What kind of meat are you eating? What kind of fat do you eat besides avocado? I disagree on the conflicting information. Do what is in the book. Personally, I would toss out the fruit except for berries. Sugar is not you friend.
    Steak, bacon, organic chicken & pork, wild fish, shrimp, nuts, coco oil, whole butter

jennf is offline Senior Member
    People around here follow many variations of Primal/paleo. Tweaking comes with time as we get to know what our bodies need. For example, I do no eggs, dairy or almonds because of food sensitivities, but I don't do low carb, as it effects my hypothyroidism. That doesn't mean that you need to do the same.

When in doubt, refer back to the book. No one on the boards is going to know more about Primal than Mark Sisson.

Madeiro is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I felt somewhat similar whenever I first finished the book and started diving into the posts here on the forum and the ones on MDA itself. Especially in an emerging field like Paleo nutrition, everyone has a different idea on how it's done -- the best one, accordingly, is whatever works for you.

I eat nuts. They might contain phytates, and for a while there I obsessed about which ones I ate, but now I just enjoy the dry-roasted varieties on occasion. I'm sure if I dug around enough I could find even more conflicting information on whether or not I should eat them, but I prefer a simpler approach: enjoy them every so often if they don't make you feel bad.

You definitely need to give it more time, like RezH said, to figure out just what you want to eat and start seeing the results from your decisions.

Don't stress! Just stick with the info in the book and give it time to work.
    Primal, Minimal, Vagabond(al): Three New Leaves! Check out my blog!

And come say hi on Twitter, too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast