Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: girl scout cookies page

melodious is offline Senior Member

girl scout cookies

Primal Fuel
    It seems strange not to order cookies.
    However, I'm determined to remain gluten free (while not vacationing) all year. Even grain free. (Vacations don't count for me, because I don't want them to.)

I was just curious - anyone out there ordering them?

I know waxing romantic about things which poison our bodies is sick and twisted, but I miss my Thin Mints and Samoas!

sgalley2 is offline Junior Member
    I preordered a box yesterday. Go ahead, flog me with a long string of spaghetti squash. Wait, don't whip me... 80-/20 Rule!!!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Even pre-primal, I thought it odd that Girl Scouts sell cookies on such a vast scale. But I suppose it's unreasonable to expect them to switch to steak or veggies, and they must raise a ton of money this way. SAD though.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

r_squared02 is offline Member
    I still have the cookies my hubby ordered for me from last year while I was deployed, so no. I do have several girls I'd like to support, so I'll just donate money to their troop.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I buy them to help out kids especially if they use the puppy dog eyes on me. But then I give them out to the people at the office and I never have them myself.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    gluten aside, don't they all have transfats too?

Martha is offline Senior Member
    In past years we would buy several boxes and donate them to the armed services. (GSA acted as middleman. We didn't personally know the GIs.) Is that bad? I'm still hanging on to the crap foods I cleaned out of the pantry a year ago, struggling with the ethics of donating to the local food bank what I feel are toxic foodstuffs. At this point, I guess most of these items are reaching the end of their shelf life anyway. Seems such a shame though, because I know an awful lot of people consider this stuff good food.

jostle is offline Senior Member
    We usually order them to support the local girl scouts and just give them away. I'm a sucker for the little kid sitting outside some store all day, so I'll usually just buy with whats in my pocket if that happens to be a 5, 10 20. I actually told one girl just keep the money, since we didn't want the cookies. they said they couldn't just take the cash, so walking on my way to the car in the parking lot my wife and I just gave the boxes to people walking towards the store. You wouldn't believe how happy some of the kids were to get a free box of cookies.

Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    anything that makes you bury your head in a box and gnash your teeth uncontrollably is bound to be the spawn of Satan.

So unless girl scout cookies are made from real girl scouts, AVOID AT ALL COST!

I've never had a problem avoiding them. I guess I have at least that much going for my new little inner Grok

shadgal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They sell them here too 'Girl Guide Biscuits' though and it's a bit of a NZ institution apparently. They had lots of complaints this last year though with people not liking them as much as before, I think the outcome was that they had changed manufacturer or something or the composition of ingredients. Anyway I always thought they were very boring as biscuits but my kids like them so will occasionally buy a packet when I see them (Girl Guides) standing outside the supermarket! (I've always made my own biscuits anyway for the kids, that way I know what goes into them). I'm the only primal one in the family by the way.
    Why do we say biscuits and Americans say cookies. I think biscuits in the US are what we call scones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast