Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting out Fruit page

Cutting out Fruit

Shop Now
    Hi guys,
    Have any of you cut out fruit completely? I'm trying to clear my skin, am fully Paleo, but still consume a fair amount of fruit. I'm considering cutting it completely. Please let me know if you tried this and how it worked for you!

Thanks

Cara
    http://primroseandpaleo.wordpress.com

katydid317 is offline Senior Member
    I am trying this right now. I have been eating tons of grapes and raspberries ever since I went paleo to help get me through the changes, and I've decided it's time to cut back. I am trying to go completely fruit-free for awhile. I'm 3 days in and already failing, but doing better. I was so desperate for something sweet last night, I had some crab, mango and avocado salad, but there was minimal mango. I am curious to see if getting rid of fruit will help me lose these last 10 lbs. My skin cleared up with fruit in my diet so I don't know that it really affects your skin in a negative way. I'm also down 2 lbs since Saturday, but I am doing IF as well.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    For all intents and purposes I've cut it out completely. Not for any particular reason, I just never buy it because it usually gets thrown away. Most weeks I don't eat any, but I do keep frozen berries in the freezer (strawberries and a triple berry combo mix from Costco) as a "just in case I get a hankerin' for fruit." My taste for it will pick up in the summer time, I'm sure.

I don't really see a difference eating fruit or not eating fruit...if I'm having a lot of sugar cravings it can definitely make those worse. No change in my skin...but I went from eating a small amount to eating pretty much none. Dairy, grains and refined sugar seem to bother my skin the most.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

john_solo is offline Senior Member
    I will cut out fruit if I want to drop carb levels lower than normal (i.e. want to lose a few pounds), but usually will keep eating low-GI like berries.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    for months I ate almost no fruit at all. Wasn't too hard considering I didn't eat a lot to begin with. I've been eating it sporadically, mostly oranges, sometimes an apple, if I have berries I'll attack those but it wouldn't be tough to cut them out again if I felt the need to, which currently I don't.

It's tough telling people fruit isn't all it's cracked up to be, my gf made herself a bowl of oatmeal with cut up apples, strawberries and blueberries with some cinnamon on top and we sat down to watch tv (I had a big carnivore dinner at my place and so I wasn't eating) and the McDonald's commercial came on for THEIR oatmeal + fruit and maple syrup new breakfast thing. The tagline said "be honest, when has good for you felt this good?" and I told her how unhealthy that was, and she goes "yeah my version is healthier though..." which it kind of was since there was no maple syrup or sugary dried fruit, but I told her it still was far from "good" especially cus she's been saying she wants to eat better. She's getting over bronchitis though, so I didn't harp on her about it, let her enjoy comfort food while she can.. .mmmwwwaahahahahaha

nutritionut is offline Member
    I don't eat any fruit because of Candida. I used to have chronic moderate acne, and now I hardly worry about my skin except for the occasional premenstrual pimple.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    I have been nearly fruit free for awhile. I eat maybe 2 bananas and 1-2 apples a week and throw in a couple grapes when my daughter offers them to me. My daughter has been eating Clementines recently and has been offering me pieces which I have been turning down. She even offered me her last piece last night and looked confused when I said no because the last piece is always the best. It is awfully hard to turn down fresh fruit from a cute 3 year old.

Roach is offline Senior Member
    ^^

I guess I've cut out most fruit. I have the occasional banana but I have a coconut pretty much every day for dessert. It's pretty much the best thing ever

Milty is offline Senior Member
    If you're not cutting it out all together, how much is too much if you want to lose a few pounds? I might usually have a piece of fruit each day at work as a snack, like an apple or banana and maybe a mixed berry smoothie on the weekend.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    If you're not cutting it out all together, how much is too much if you want to lose a few pounds? I might usually have a piece of fruit each day at work as a snack, like an apple or banana and maybe a mixed berry smoothie on the weekend.
    None is best for weight loss. I'm not crazy about this idea, but if its something you can manage, none is best. If you want a daily snack fruit thing opt for berries, but I'd get used to fasting between meals instead.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast