Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Many Bodies of Christian Bale page

Bane is offline Senior Member

The Many Bodies of Christian Bale

Primal Fuel
    I've known about this man's crazy transformations, especially starving himself for The Machinist... but seeing these all in one image is just crazy.

That 121 pound image is just wild. I read that he actually wanted to get himself down to 99 pounds but the producers stopped him at 118 out of concerns for his health. His diet apparently was apples and espresso. He wouldn't eat for a day or two, then he'd go out with friends for dinner and eat a small apple. He just literally starved himself down. Jesus.

Kind of makes you wonder what kind of long term damage he's doing to himself. Those are some really big weight swings.

(BTW if you haven't seen The Machinist, definitely check it out)

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I think he had a can of tuna with that apple, from what I read...

Bane is offline Senior Member
    D'oh! You're right. An apple and a can of tuna a day apparently. Talk about willpower deadlifts.

Actually I just found where he got down to 110 pounds - a 63 pound weight loss from this 173 starting weight just prior to shooting. WOW.
    Last edited by Bane; 01-10-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    And let's not forget this

My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Only a year between The Machinist and Batman Begins!!... I wonder how long there was between hitting his lowest weight and getting back up to his batman build?

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventure8410 View Post
    And let's not forget this

Nothing really to add. Just feel this picture bears repeating over and over and over...

Carrie

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    girlfriend has loved her some christian bale since empire of the sun (we're about the same age, you know?).

he's one amazing actor, too.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I saw the Machinist in the theater, and there were gasps in the audience when his shirtless body was revealed.

I remember reading that he would get short of breath just walking across the room. And when the director was giving him direction, they would sit on the couch because he was so weak/tired.

Christian Bale Batman movies = the best! Love! 190 big pounds, yes please!

The Machinist is good as well. Jennifer Jason Leigh is one of my favorite actresses.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    Wow. That Machinist body is scary. I was a theatre major, and we had one actor who would get into character with his hair (ie, shave his head into a horseshoe to play an old man), and I think it must be the same with Christian Bale and his body.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yes, i would say he's a pretty hard core method actor, as method actors go. which, i think, is probably the toughest form of acting.

i took one acting class in university as an arts credit. i have *no clue* why people would do it for a living. it's horrible work. horrible. and i have no problem with performance (after all my job is public speaking), i just *hated* acting. and when we did a second on method acting, i was like "you be crazy" to Brooke (the method actor whom we met), and Brooke said "yes, yes i am."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast