Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My issue with bacon page

BlueEyes is offline Junior Member

My issue with bacon

Shop Now
    So the back story is that I haven't eaten red meat for 15 years and was vegetarian for the last four years. Well, two months ago I decided it just wasn't working for me and my health was failing. So, I have been eating meat for the past two months.

Anyhow, my issue with bacon... I can. not. stop. eating it. If it weren't for the guilt of eating my husband and kids share of the bacon I'd eat the whole 12oz. package of bacon myself. I think I have a problem.

I just had to share because I have seen around this forum that there are a few other bacon lovers.

How do you exert some self control?

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Oh, for a minute there I thought you actually had some sort of problem with bacon, and was going to straighten you out.

But I can see now that you a perfectly normal.

Carry on.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Join the party! What's to control? (speaking as someone who baked a whole package earlier today and has it sitting in the fridge for snacks...)

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Oh, for a minute there I thought you actually had some sort of problem with bacon, and was going to straighten you out.

But I can see now that you a perfectly normal.

Carry on.

What he said!

Whew...

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    I didn't realize you weren't supposed to eat the whole package. I have been known to almost stab hands when someone reaches for the last bacon on the serving plate. I LOVE BACON!!!

Carrie

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I think many of us had this experience when becoming primal. You're making up for lost time and your body is craving fats. It should settle down.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yup. bacon was definitely my gateway meat. then chicken. i could not get enough chicken.

it balances out. i'm 4 or 5 or 6 weeks into primal now, and. . .have balanced the meat out nicely. basic portions, lots of veggies. bacon a few times a week (save the grease, cook with it later!). good stuff. you'll find your way, no worries.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I knew if I bought a package of bacon, I'd be done for. Yep, I'm done for. Even though I bought the best I could find, the salt content is playing a bit of havoc with me. It sure does hit the spot though! Once its done, I'll probably lay off for a while, at least until I'm more settled in how I'm eating and won't go nuts over the stuff.

the bacon hut is offline Senior Member
    Bacon! I've had it every day since I've been primal. But today I was just thinking that I wanted to change up my breakfast meat, so I was thinking about buying some ham steaks. I think I'll still have bacon in the house, though.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I went hog wild on the bacon when I first went primal (pun sort of not intended, but how could I not?) After 3+ years of 'watching what I eat' and ignoring bacon, I was so happy to be allowed to eat it again. I ate bacon eveyr day 2-3 times a day. Now I am more respectable and eat it only about 2-3 times a week.

Try making some homemade beef jerky, that stuff is like crack too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast