Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone bought the Paleo Cook books? page

Misabi is online now Senior Member

Has anyone bought the Paleo Cook books?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been discussed (I'm sure it has, but I couldn't find any other threads for it), but I came across what looks like a good deal this morning from www.paleocookbooks.com which includes the following:

* Recipes for the 21st century hunter gatherer.
    * Paleo Eating for Modern People.
    * 125 recipes from within the Paleo cookbooks put together into a 30-day Meal Plan with full colour photos.
    * Plus, limited time offer of the First Edition of the Paleo Cookbooks

All for a bargain price of $48.

Has anyone bought / read any of these books? Are they as good as they look, or the online reviews make them sound? Worth the money? etc.

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    I have them. They aren't bad. I look through them and get ideas, but I don't think I've actually made one of the recipes.

a_morgan24 is offline Senior Member
    I have thought about it. Though I feel that between the PB Cookbook and then this Forum, I don't really need it. If I'm craving something or have an ingredient that I need some ideas from, I just come here and search for recipes and/or post a thread for ideas.

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    I have them, but I haven't made a ton of recipes out of it. The ones i have though are great.

Thanks for the feedback guys and girls

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I just went and looked at my RSS reader and I have over 40 paleo / primal blogs that all post recipes. I have over 50 recipes book marked I need to put into my recipe software. I have 130 recipes in my software that I've marked "uncooked" that I've yet to try.

Cookbooks are sadly becoming a thing of the past for me.

yes, irrelevant derail... sorry!

Kchalbi is offline Junior Member
    Sorry for furthering the "derail", but I'd love to hear more about this recipe software!

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchalbi View Post
    Sorry for furthering the "derail", but I'd love to hear more about this recipe software!
    Unfortunately it's not out yet as it's the development version of the recipe manager we are building for the website that will soon be released for our Android application, Out Of Milk (http://www.outofmilkapp.com/static/index.html)

Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I just went and looked at my RSS reader and I have over 40 paleo / primal blogs that all post recipes. I have over 50 recipes book marked I need to put into my recipe software. I have 130 recipes in my software that I've marked "uncooked" that I've yet to try.

Cookbooks are sadly becoming a thing of the past for me.

yes, irrelevant derail... sorry!
    Nope, quite on the point really

I've bookmarked a stack of online recipes on various blogs and sites, so there isn't any reall need to buy any books (ebooks or otherwise).

The software your developing sounds interesting though. I'm always looking for useful droid apps (as opposed to all the useless ones I've already downloaded ;-) ) and would happy to be a beta tester

That's a point, is there already a "useful android app" thread going?... Dammit, something else to search for on this forum... this place is turning into such a time vacuum

Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Unfortunately it's not out yet as it's the development version of the recipe manager we are building for the website that will soon be released for our Android application, Out Of Milk (http://www.outofmilkapp.com/static/index.html)
    Just downloaded Out Of Milk to give that a whirl too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast