Thread: Celebrating the Primal Supporters! page

ennasirk is offline Senior Member

Celebrating the Primal Supporters!

Primal Fuel
    I've seen enough posts about partners who range from non-supportive to outright hostile to the Primal lifestyle that I thought it would be nice to celebrate the people in our life who are supportive and work with us, not against us.

First and foremost, my SO. He's very supportive of me eating the way that makes me feel best and helps me to achieve my goals. If that means me saying "Honey, I'd like to hold off on sushi for a couple months till I'm solidly back on the Primal wagon and feel like I can indulge a little," he's cool with that. It means he'll continue to be a rockin' sous chef for dinner prep, chopping up the veggies for the fully-Primal salad that goes with the dinner that I'm cooking up. It means he'll let me have a bite of his french toast when we eat breakfast out so I can get the need for something sweet out of my system while still enjoying my omelet and sausage.

Second is my personal trainer (and his team): They help me and motivate me to sprint, run, jump, squat, lunge, lift heavy things, all in a really fun, always-changing, motivating way. They've also kept me as active as possible as I am rehabbing an ankle and knee injury, modifying workouts so I can do as much as possible without re-injuring myself. Also, for reminding me to "trust the process" when I'm frustrated that the scale's not moving or my clothes aren't falling off. And for reminding me how far I've come in my overall functional fitness when I'm frustrated that I'm not "good enough" at something.

Yay for cheerleaders and the support team!
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Most of the people in my life have been supportive.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Great posts! I could not be more surprised by how supportive my friends and family have been. When we go to dinner, they always ask for input so we choose somewhere I can eat. My holiday dinners were almost completely primal - grilled salmon, shrimp, mushrooms, primerib, broccoli and salad. My sister asked for a shopping list before I visited so I could have plenty of food to choose from. I even got the primal blueprint cookbook and another primal cookbook for Christmas - from the vegetarians in my family Two of my friends had me for dinner on Saturday - they served roast beef, mushroom, spaghetti squash, salad and fruit for dessert. I was in complete awe and so grateful!

My family and some of my friends are very in to CW, so I thought I would have to keep things to myself and just make do. I was wrong. They have seen me go from disabled, exhausted, overweight and miserable to someone who can participate in life and they have ALL gotten on board!

I feel very blessed for this!

Paleobird Guest
    My BFF is a wonderful lady old enough to be my mom but young in spirit and she is also a wonderful cook. The child of Viennese Jewish refugees growing up in Harlem as Hitler rampaged across Europe, she grew up learning to cook on a tight budget and making everything from scratch. She could write an entire primal cookbook of things like brisket, liver and onions, homemade soup stock, etc.

She has not committed to going fully primal yet, being unwilling to give up her morning bowl of oatmeal, but she cooks primal meals for me and is a great source of recipe advice.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    everyone has been supportive, really.

most people are shocked that i'm not vegetarian anymore, since it was so easy for me for so long. nevertheless, i was hungry, and so this is the right way. that's the only "strange" stuff i've experienced.

i haven't really told my one vegan friend, but i don't think she'll mind when it's said and done. probably doesn't need to be said anyway.