Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eggs Benedict: Why didn't I know of you sooner? page

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member

Eggs Benedict: Why didn't I know of you sooner?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd heard of people ordering eggs benedict, but I've never seen anyone order them (or known what it was) until this morning when I ordered them from a fancy breakfast restaurant in San Antonio Texas (that uses only real butter, cream, etc. never any HFCS anyway...they are AMAZING. I ordered it without bread product underneath, and adored it. I will be making this more often now. I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned on the boards since it's a fatty egg on top of a fatty cut of meat topped with butter and egg yolk....yummy!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    It's super good as Eggs Florentine, too (Basically Eggs Benedict served with spinach instead of ham--but why not both?)

theholla is offline Senior Member
    One of my favorites! My local brunch place has started getting used to me ordering "eggs benedict, hold the muffin"
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yup, same here. love the benedicts. i don't poach eggs well, though, so i just fry them.

i like to layer: spinach, sauteed mushrooms, then bacon or ham or sausage, then tomato (roasted) and avocado, then the egg and then the sauce. is good.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    yup, same here. love the benedicts. i don't poach eggs well, though, so i just fry them.

i like to layer: spinach, sauteed mushrooms, then bacon or ham or sausage, then tomato (roasted) and avocado, then the egg and then the sauce. is good.
    Oh wow. I see this forming into a breakfast warm BAS with poached eggs and hollandaise. I'm so excited!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    It's super good as Eggs Florentine, too (Basically Eggs Benedict served with spinach instead of ham--but why not both?)
    Dang! I been eatin' eggs Florentine and didn't know it. I often add bacon. Not big on ham.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Eggs benedict on crab meat!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

I usually avoid restaurant eggs benedict, mediocre hollandaise that's been sitting around all day or comes out of a microwave is a sad, sad thing. Last week I discovered that making hollandaise from scratch wasn't too hard, so after my boyfriend and I devoured a test batch over asparagus and porkchops I had to share. For my birthday on Sunday I invited friends over to brunch and made a giant pan of primal benedict, spinach on the bottom layer, followed by pulled pork (another recent culiinary conquest), then poached eggs, then gobs of fresh hollandaise. After that was gone, everyone was just dipping everything they could in the leftover hollandaise. Mmm. Fat converts!

zsadie is offline Senior Member
    I love eggs benedict. Moondance, a restaurant near where I work and there is also a location a few miles from where I live, serves them with varied ingredients, and I absolutely love them! my absolute favorite is the tomato, artichoke hearts, spinach, and mushrooms one. Yummy! The hollandaise sauce is perfect! Next time I go there, I'll omit the english muffins.
    "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Dang! I been eatin' eggs Florentine and didn't know it. I often add bacon. Not big on ham.
    Me too! I had no idea. Ha!
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast