Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I have to give up Legumes? Rate my Diet Please! page

BeastMode is offline Junior Member

Do I have to give up Legumes? Rate my Diet Please!

Primal Fuel
    My diet is as follows
    Breakfast-
    2 Whole Eggs with 3/4 cup egg whites About One tablespoon Cayenne Pepper scrambled with macadamia oil. 1 Cup of chopped spinach with 1/2 cup of Lentils. GNC Mega Man Sport and 1 OmegaRX Cap.

Meal 2-
    1 Cup Quinoa, 1/2 Cup Black Beans, 6 oz Chicken Breast, 1 Cup Broccoli, 1 Cup Green Beans

Gym-Intense Strength Training Monday-Friday.
    Post Work Out Whey Shake in water40grams protien

Meal 3-
    1 Cup Quinoa, 1/2 Cup Black Beans, 6 oz Chicken Breast, 1 Cup Broccoli, 1 Cup Green Beans

Snack-
    1 Cup of Spinach with 1/2 cup of lentils or Black beans

Meal 4-
    Strir Fried Steak with garlic, onions, broccoli, grean beans, and 1 Cup of Quinoa

Snack-
    Protien Shake before Bed, Mega Man & 1 OmegaRX Cap

Any advice would be great. I have just ordered The Primal Blue Print & Cook book, but can't wait!
    Main goal is to add muscle/strength. I work in HIT style cardio 2 times per week.

What lead you to this diet? Weight loss? Allergies? YOu might be alright with beans, depending what you're here for. It doesn't work for me, I have inflammation and skin issues.

Cara
    http://primroseandpaleo.wordpress.com

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    My advice would be that if you want legumes and or quinoa once in a while then go for it, but know that it's part of your 20%. I would not recommend using the legumes including the lentils as part of your daily diet. I'm also not a fan of the many small meals and snacks daily plan either.

I just kind of stumbled upon it. I stopped eating grains about a month ago and researching grain free diets. I am not trying to lose weight. I just ordered 2 cases of lentils though and was worried they would not conform to Primal diet. I do have some skin issues (eczema). My main goal is adding muscle while staying somewhat lean.

melodious is offline Senior Member
    Where's the fat in your diet?!? Your breakfast is great with eggs (why extra whites instead of the whole extra egg? yolks are actually more nutritious, from what I understand) and a little oil, but everything else is pretty much oil free.
    You're eating a very carb-heavy, fat-light diet. You're asking me to rate it? I give it two thumbs down.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    Up your fat, lose the beans & quinoa but on special occasions, & you won't need to eat so often.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Thanks for all the info!

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
    My diet is as follows
    Breakfast-
    2 Whole Eggs with 3/4 cup egg whites About One tablespoon Cayenne Pepper scrambled with macadamia oil. 1 Cup of chopped spinach with 1/2 cup of Lentils. GNC Mega Man Sport and 1 OmegaRX Cap.

Meal 2-

Gym-Intense Strength Training Monday-Friday.
    Post Work Out Whey Shake in water40grams protien

Meal 3-

Snack-
    1 Cup of Spinach with 1/2 cup of lentils or Black beans

Meal 4-
    Strir Fried Steak with garlic, onions, broccoli, grean beans, and 1 Cup of Quinoa

Snack-
    Protien Shake before Bed, Mega Man & 1 OmegaRX Cap

Any advice would be great. I have just ordered The Primal Blue Print & Cook book, but can't wait!
    Main goal is to add muscle/strength. I work in HIT style cardio 2 times per week.
    Replace all that quinoa and beans with yams and you are golden. You don't HAVE to do anything, its all a choice. If you are doing high intensity metcon weights then you need to up that chicken breast to at least 10 oz after your workout. minimum 1g protein/lb body weight/day.

Dave

livinlite is offline Senior Member
    Dave: Is that 1g protein/lb body weight/day a good rule of thumb to aim for? I'm 6'4", 175lbs, trying to reapportion a bit of fat and put on some upper body muscle... Having a hard time getting the protein into my diet being dairy-free and trying not to overdo the eggs (semi-allergy).

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livinlite View Post
    Dave: Is that 1g protein/lb body weight/day a good rule of thumb to aim for? I'm 6'4", 175lbs, trying to reapportion a bit of fat and put on some upper body muscle... Having a hard time getting the protein into my diet being dairy-free and trying not to overdo the eggs (semi-allergy).
    Try more fatty meats (or bacon). Make a big hunk of meat at the beginning of the week, cut it up and shove most of it in the freezer. Eat that instead of the lentils and quinoa. Or, if you must, in addition too. Eat almonds or macadamia nuts or walnuts for your snacks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast