Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: more satisfying eggs page

junebu8 is offline Senior Member

more satisfying eggs

Primal Fuel
    I know I've seen others on this list who agree that for whatever reason, hard boiled eggs are really filling, but scrambled and fried eggs are less so. A couple weeks ago I started eating soft boiled eggs. It used to be my favorite way to eat them (on top of buttered toast) but I stopped fixing them when toast and I parted ways. But now I find that they're a really good combination for me. They're soft and served hot, but they fill me up just as much as the hard boiled eggs. Just thought I'd pass it along!

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Soft boiled eggs are heavenly! I find that if I fry eggs over-easy, but break the yolk in the pan and let it cook until it's not liquid anymore makes them surprisingly more filling than when I don't cook the yolks.

lolov is offline Senior Member
    I found that once I started cooking scrambled eggs correctly (i.e. cooked very slowly over low, low heat, lots of butter) they were much more filling than the dry, fast-cooked eggs.

JBGrokerty is offline Member
    I personally don't care for the eggs and butter combination, but agree with cooking slowly on low heat. I like a little olive oil, some Cavender's Greek seasoning, and chopped asparagus or spinach. Serve with fresh diced tomato and avocado on the side.

I also agree that boiled eggs are best left soft.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    They're one of my favorites also. It's been a while since I had them. Thank you for the reminder!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I find that scrambled eggs are more satisfying if I add grass fed beef to them... kind of like corned beef hash... only, minus the corn, and hash.

Bacon. Also.

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    I've never had a soft boiled egg, but I do LOVE me some poached eggs! You can poach them in bone broth, and eat them in a bowl with the broth and other seasonings. The texture is like velvet. AND, you can store them in the fridge, floating in water! Heat them up in simmering liquid later, or serve cold over salad greens.

I did poached eggs according to Julia Child, and they turned out beautifully. The trick is to put the whole egg (in the shell) in boiling water for a count of ten seconds. Reduce the liquid to simmer, and gently crack in the eggs. The blanch in-shell ensures the poached eggs will have a nice oval shape.

junebu8 is offline Senior Member
    Oh that trick for poached eggs (also a fave of mine) sounds really awesome. I'm going to try it tomorrow. It's weird that I've never heard it before because I use her other tips for eggs all the time

dml
    dml is offline Senior Member
    I made Sauce Bearnaise for some steaks last Friday. Since then, I've been stirring in a tablespoon or so of the leftover sauce into scrambled eggs, adding a nice tarragon and shallot flavor to the eggs. Even the white vinegar in the sauce seems to brighten the eggs a bit.

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Does anyone know if poaching eggs reduces the nutritional value, the way that boiling other foods does? I've been loving me some poached eggs lately (I like the thick, sturdy whites with a bit of "tooth" to them, unlike equally delicious but definitely different thin, crispy-edged fried eggs), but would hate to learn that I'm leeching all the good stuff out into the water.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast