Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I logged in to this Veg. site for entertainment while I downed my roasted chicken page

Fideo is offline Junior Member

So I logged in to this Veg. site for entertainment while I downed my roasted chicken

Shop Now
    I actually made it through the whole page, and I must say that the flawed logic and assumptions are ludicrous. And yes, the China Study is referenced several times.

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

Apparently
    • Our early ancestors from at least four million years ago were almost exclusively vegetarian.
    • The animals most similar to us, the other primates, eat an almost exclusively vegan diet
    • if early humans did eat meat, they were simply making an interesting choice
    • Humans' hunting skills are relatively recent in our history but evolution takes place over a much longer period of time
    • people act by idea rather than by instinct. Other animals are programmed to know what food is.
    • While carnivores take pleasure in killing animals and eating their raw flesh, any human who killed an animal with his or her bare hands and dug into the raw corpse would be considered deranged. (I happen to like sushi, especially freshly caught)
    • Meat consumption unquestionably promotes heart disease, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and every other major degenerative disease -- the opposite of plant-based diets.

Surprise surprise folks, I'm not convinced. Having been primal now for a little over a year and having previously been an athlete, I have never been stronger, healthier (to my knowledge), or had more energy than I do today.

I really don't mean to stir up the pot, I just wanted to share my lunchtime entertainment from today.

~Peace

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Wow I had no idea that cranivores derived pleasure from killing and eating other animals. That last time I saw a frog eat a fly he did look pretty darn smug and satisfied with himself.

Sally is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
    Wow I had no idea that cranivores derived pleasure from killing and eating other animals. That last time I saw a frog eat a fly he did look pretty darn smug and satisfied with himself.

thank you for the morning giggle...

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fideo View Post
    people act by idea rather than by instinct. Other animals are programmed to know what food is.
    One of the central conceits of humanity, that we are somehow different from all the other animals.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    According to this article, I'm clearly not a normal human...hehehe. Clearly the author has never enjoyed sushi or steak tartare! mmmmmmm

The funny thing is that I'm actually very receptive to ethical arguments for veganism, but trying to convince me that it is more natural for humans than an omnivorous diet will make me lose respect for you in an instant.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    "While carnivores take pleasure in killing animals and eating their raw flesh, any human who killed an animal with his or her bare hands and dug into the raw corpse would be considered deranged. (I happen to like sushi, especially freshly caught)"

Deranged or a ZOMBIE! I am loving Walking Dead!

chowza is offline Member
    "Ask yourself: When you see dead animals on the side of the road, are you tempted to stop for a snack?"

No, but not because I don't have a natural taste for animal flesh--because I also have a natural taste for meat that's not rotten, dirty, or tire-track-streaked!

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chowza View Post
    "Ask yourself: When you see dead animals on the side of the road, are you tempted to stop for a snack?"
    Honestly? Well... I'm from Northern Ontario, so it depends on how fresh it looks, how flattened it is, and what it is... Bumper hunting is pretty common up there. A deer sure doesn't stay on the side of the road for long!! If you want it yourself, you'd better be able to take it then and there, or leave someone to guard it. Moose too, and bear.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    Honestly? Well... I'm from Northern Ontario, so it depends on how fresh it looks, how flattened it is, and what it is... Bumper hunting is pretty common up there. A deer sure doesn't stay on the side of the road for long!! If you want it yourself, you'd better be able to take it then and there, or leave someone to guard it. Moose too, and bear.
    +1
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Fideo is offline Junior Member
    I am glad a few of you were able to get a chuckle from this. I was gnawing on the end of a chicken drumstick as a read.

And yes I agree it is extreme arrogance that leads humanity to distance itself from the rest of the animal kingdom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast