Thread: Body Check page

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member

Body Check

Shop Now
    I started 100% primal on the 1st with intentions of losing about 20#'s. I'm eating no dairy, no sugar and very limited nuts and fruits. I have however eaten spaghetti squash and butter nut squash a few times. I'm not watching calories and not counting carbs kinda guestimating. So far I've lost 6#'s. The first day I had a massive headache I think it might be because I stopped drinking coffee. (i need cream and sweetener and Im off all artificial sweeteners also) The second and third day my headache was manageable but still there. I also had lot pain in my hip joints for a few days starting on day 3. This lasted about 4 days( I had to take motrin) This happened once before when I did a fast and had to break my fast because I needed the pain to stop. On the up side my tendinitis pain is almost 100% gone, my energy has shot through the roof, I haven't had a upset or gassy stomach once and I feel much more motivated and happy. I wake up early ready to tackle the day. I feel amazing! Just knowing the difference in how my body feels I can never go back to eating the way I used to. My mental clarity is getting much better also. How is everyone else feeling???

alireb is offline Member
    I started back on Jan. 3 and have lost 3.5 pounds. I feel great - no more reflux and a lot more energy. My skin is also clearing up. I haven't experienced any bad side effects this time. I was a little hungry the first few days but feeling better now as my body is adjusting.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I experienced a lot of the same things as you. I did not go into the PB/Paleo lifestyle to lose weight since I was already in good range but I did it to help with my allergies/IBS and energy. I had rough headaches during the first week but it wasn't due to the change in food but removing caffeine from my diet. After a week I was fine. I no longer have IBS/gas/bloatiness like before, and my seasonal allergies are a thing of a past. It makes sense though, you eat good quality food and remove the biggest allergen/offenders and you start feeling good almost instantly. This lifestyle is very proactive and that's why I love it.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.