Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Twibble Twibbly Wibbly page

Twibble is offline Senior Member

Twibble Twibbly Wibbly

Primal Fuel
    Starting this for suggestions and other commentary...

I'm 28, 5'11, about 185 pounds, and more worried about function than weight.

I work in an office job, and don't get much exercise between 8-5. My fiance is working on dragging me out walking more often. Luckily, he'll eat almost anything as long as he doesn't have to cook it (and will occasionally cook Primal). I had a head start with him, as when he moved in there was already a strict no-gluten rule in my apartment.

I'm only about a week in. I broke this weekend and got gummi bears and a Dr. Pepper. They don't taste good anymore. I couldn't even drink half the DP, when I used to drink 2 or 3 a day. Yay! Now I need to figure out something else for when the urge hits.

I copied this from my introduction thread: I finally went through my pantry and pitched all the grains and such and now need to go through the condiments.

After a week without grains or sugar, I can breathe through my nose when I wake up in the morning. To some, this may not seem like much, but it has been rather rare for me.

I'm not tired, I don't have my headaches (got one an hour after I slipped and drank a Dr. Pepper...), and I'm actually MOVING (the Wii Fit is actually more fun than work. Who knew?). This, also, has been unusual for me, as I generally had no energy by the time I got home from work.

Today, I actually carried my own laundry baskets down to the car for the trip to the laundromat for the first time in months (Hmmmm...I should go get the clean stuff back out of the car at some point).

I'm still eating cheese, mainly because my fiance would revolt if I didn't have any in the fridge.

I cut out caffeine cold turkey, but I might still have hot tea every once in a while.

I don't really care about what my actual weight is, but my scale says I have 40% body fat and I'm a bit more jiggly in the wrong places than I'd like to be. Plus I'd like to be able to do things like, oh, RUN and rollerblade and ride bikes and dance with a popcorn tray on top of my head this summer (it's a community theater thing...).

Oh, I drink green smoothies for breakfast: 1-2 c. spinach, half a banana, whatever frozen fruit is handy (currently peaches and pineapple), and a tsp. of lemon-flavored CLO. I think I might start adding a spoon of coconut oil in there too.

I have been rather...sedentary for far too long. My only real exercise has been the walk to and from work, which is only about 2 blocks. The idea of walking to a certain place actually scares me, because I'm worried I'll be too tired to walk back, even though I know I can make it all the way through Carlsbad Caverns from the natural entrance so it shouldn't be a problem.

It's time to start making myself walk a LOT more than I have been previously. Maybe I'll even get to the point where I occasionally sprint! The fact that I can breathe better should help with that.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I'll gladly walk with you around various tracks and parks if you need a buddy/ goading ally. UTPB is usually pretty good, and I'm sure MC has a walking path.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks! I think I'm going to try to get a regular thing going where I'm walking for 2 hours or so at least twice a week. Thursdays and Sundays will be the likely candidates for days.

BS (I'll just call my fiance by his initials - it's an apt description, anyways) was kind of jealous that you actually got me to go walking. He keeps asking me right after I get off work, and for some reason it just doesn't work then.

People at MC just walk around the loop around it on the side of the road, last I remember. They've put in more sidewalks and such since then.

Sounds good to me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Just got the sample pack of Primal Fuel.

Naiad, any interest in trying it out?

Maybe. Curiosity killed the cat type thing.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I played on the Wii Fit this morning. It told me I'd lost 3.1 pounds (since last Wednesday), and then that my Wii Fit age is 42 because I totally flubbed one of the tests. Apparently I need to work on my balance more.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Apparently arugula is too spicy for my green smoothies at this point. I'll have to pick up a new green at the grocery store during lunch.

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast