Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast

Thread: Twibble Twibbly Wibbly page 92

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've decided to start tracking what I'm eating in MyFitnessPal and see if I can't start eating enough fat and under 100g carb per day. I'll probably slowly drop my carb limit.

I'm Twibbly on there, if anyone wants to friend me.

Weeee!
    Last edited by Twibble; 04-06-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Hubby might mean it this time.

He fried up ham this morning so he'd be full and wouldn't get doughnuts at church.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Question: If you're not hungry, do you force yourself to eat a certain caloric intake? If it happens several days in a row?

Apparently if I'm eating low carb, I'm perfectly happy with about 1100 calories or so a day (I had about 2500 Thursday, Friday, and Saturday), but hubby is worried that I'm not eating enough, especially since it doesn't seem to include very many veggies.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

So, things that are also getting cut out of my diet: nightshades and egg whites. Hopefully I can eat egg yolks without a problem...

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

So, life is much happier when I don't eat nightshades or eggs. I still haven't tried adding yolks back in. I fell off the wagon once for chili nachos, and I think the cramps that night were some of the worst I've ever had.

Hubby neglected to mention that his version of a low-carb diet includes carb refeeds on weekends, so I was getting a bit miffed thinking he wasn't serious about it until he explained that.

I added MCT oil to my tea this morning, just a tiny bit in with my cream, and my hands seem much warmer than usual. That's generally a good sign for me.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Apparently when I eat high fat with a few apple slices, I don't really get hungry later in the day. As in, it is possible to eat a cheese stick for lunch and forget about dinner...

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I seriously need to figure out how not to fall off the wagon. I has a menu plan, maybe that will help.

Tonight: Grilled chicken & pineapple
    Monday: Skillet cheeseburgers with salad
    Tuesday: Swedish meatballs with spinach
    Wednesday: Baked chicken with roasted root vegs
    Thursday: Steak & sauteed parsnips

So, I need to buy:
    Steak
    Salad
    Spinach
    Ham (to be fried up for breakfasts)

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Meal plan already blown to hell. Perhaps I shouldn't focus on getting back on the wagon while I'm also fighting a cold and don't have the energy to cook?

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I've behaved relatively well this week so far if you ignore the DP. We've been eating at home, and while most of what we've been eating has been crap that is easily prepared, it has at least been crap that is almost real food. We have fish that I need to figure out how to prepare. Swai, salmon, and some kind of flounder. Any suggestions? Otherwise I think they'll be baked with onion, garlic, lemon, olive oil, and S&P.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    swai is usually pretty thin and cooks up quickly. I like it as fish tacos...season with cumin, corriander, salt, pepper, little chipotle quickly cook in a skillet. Chop it up into strips/bite-sized pieces and eat it in lettuce leaves with some pico and a little squeeze of lime.

Another option is spicy morrocan fish...something like...

cut up one red/yellow pepper into strips.
    cut one large ripe tomato into slices
    cut up some garlic into slices
    cut up one jalapeno into rings

saute peppers and garlic, add tomatoes on top of them and sautee. Add jalapenos, saute for a minute or so.
    layer swai on top.

Add liquid - 1 cup of water/broth with cumin, paprika, hot paprika (if I remember correctly I use 1/2 TBS hot and 1/2 TBS regular paprika)

Cover and cook until fish flakes. I have the actual recipe saved on my computer at home and will link it when I get there.

---

Salmon I love on the grill.

Otherwise it is easy to poach... Poached Salmon Recipe | Simply Recipes
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony