Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Twibble Twibbly Wibbly page 89

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm going to freak out somebody some day when they ask what my favorite condiment is and I tell them bacon grease.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Ok, thyroid gurus. Is there any way of telling if you have mild hypothyroidism without going to a doctor? I'm asking because I finally got around to checking a symptom list, and there's a bunch of things on there that describe me...especially the low body temperature, intolerance to cold, longer-than-usual periods, and memory of a goldfish, plus dry skin, flaking nails, etc. I'm still researching, but is there any specific book or web page I should look at before I get lost down the rabbit hole?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Ok, thyroid gurus. Is there any way of telling if you have mild hypothyroidism without going to a doctor? I'm asking because I finally got around to checking a symptom list, and there's a bunch of things on there that describe me...especially the low body temperature, intolerance to cold, longer-than-usual periods, and memory of a goldfish, plus dry skin, flaking nails, etc. I'm still researching, but is there any specific book or web page I should look at before I get lost down the rabbit hole?
    You can add weight gain and feeling run down to your list of symptoms... Google is your friend, but stick with reputable sites, and if you do, your gonna get CW answers, but you will also know what your doctor is going to do. Check site like WebMD, or the Mayo clinic, or any of the websites that are from the NIH. Yeah, I know government info, but on OCCASION, rarely, they are helpful.....
    If you aren't in to CW info, check out info from naturopaths. They may have some information that you may find helpful as far as herbs to take for thyroid support etc.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    What he said.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Based on what I've found, it's definitely more than likely. I'll be checking into things. So far, I've figured out that behaving in regards to what I eat and taking selenium can help.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Take selenium, eat lower carb (not necessarily VLC, but around 75g or lower), and keep your vitamin B up.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'll make sure to add vitamin B in. Fairly certain I have some....

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I might have to get a food scale to track what I'm eating. Never done anything like that before.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I can't remember the last time I pulled out the food scale. I tend to do it by rough guesstimates or cups and tablespoons. I'd actually feel like I was DIEting if I had to whip out the scale.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm just notoriously bad at guesstimating actual amounts...

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast