Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Twibble Twibbly Wibbly page 85

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Loving DDP Yoga.

Figured out that our house is making me sick. There's mold growing inside the bathroom wall from when the sewer backed up. Ewww. We can't afford to take down the wall right now, so we have an air purifier running in our bedroom (it's the master bath) and I have plans to get one for the living room (that the bathroom backs up to).
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Apparently our house is getting worse. My SIL walked into the house yesterday evening, and became nauseated within about 15 minutes.

We're taking out walls this weekend. And possibly carpet.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I had somebody rip into me on another chat room for saying that I was worried about getting enough fat and that I cook with bacon grease. I said it works for me, she said that it's bad for everybody and I shouldn't make blanket statements about nutrition that aren't according to the nutritional plan supported by the website.

Hmmm. Who's making blanket statements here?

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

We have a deadline, and I have time to prepare. January 1, we are going to start Practical Paleo's auto-immune meal plan (30 days). It is paleo, but it also cuts out nightshades, eggs, and nuts. We've suspected for a while that I might have issues with tomatoes, so I figure that's the logical one for optimal health.

BS has agreed to it, as long as he may add cheese...and he also agreed that we won't be replenishing his stock of crap cheese (y'know, the white and yellow processed plastic).

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Bwahaha! I told Mom that we're going to do the plan that cuts out things beyond just paleo.

She asked why.

I said that we occasionally think I have problems with tomatoes.

She about fell over in her chair laughing at me. "What was your first hint? The skin rashes? You've ALWAYS been sensitive to citric acid!"

So...I might be cutting out everything with citric acid. Even though it's darn tasty.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I'm vacuuming today. People are supposed to come clean out our vents tomorrow, and hopefully then I'll be able to breathe and not get nauseated.

DDP Yoga is going decently well. I need to get on the ball and start doing more, though.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I'm vacuuming today. People are supposed to come clean out our vents tomorrow, and hopefully then I'll be able to breathe and not get nauseated.

DDP Yoga is going decently well. I need to get on the ball and start doing more, though.
    About 4 years ago, an air conditioner repair guy came to my house to do some work. It was at the beginning of winter but extremely cold. Little did I know that he put a hole in my basement wall right at ground level. Well, it seems that the mice found that hole and decided that my basement was an awesome place to live. We didn't go down to the basement often, and the door to it was kept closed. So, one day I finally opened the door and the smell was bad... really bad.

I went down and I SAW about 10 mice.... so you know that there were way more. Me, not thinking, but down some of those bait traps.... bad idea..... The mice go behind the walls and die.... and then start to really stink! I then called in an extermination company who used regular old mouse traps - the spring loaded type. They put down over 100 traps all over the basement. They even opened up the bottom of some walls. When all was said and done, we found over 50 mice in the house! It was a 2 month process to get them all.

Finally, when it was all done, we had some company come in and fumigate, I guess you would call it.... The put some kind of odor neutralizing stuff in something like a fog machine. By the time everything was normal again, it cost well over $1000.

And I went to collect that money from the AC repair guy..... I went to his shop and he was out of business.... go figure.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    DH and I have come to an agreement: after this weekend, our only "vice" that we'll keep in the house is eggnog and Disaronno.

If you haven't tried eggnog (we like the Southern Comfort) with Disaronno, you're missing out.
    I like eggnog a TON..... but with no alcohol, and especially no nutmeg.... just plain for me, thanks.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

We've discovered the determining factor in whether or not I can handle dairy: carageenan. If I get Kalona egg nog, which is the only kind we can find around here that doesn't have it in it, I have no problems. If I do any other kind, or anything with carageenan, it ends badly.

My breathing problems seem to have mostly ended. Yay! No more being nauseated just because the AC is running.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hubby just got a new job. I have an interview on Monday.

We might end up having a grocery budget again! Yay!

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast