Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Twibble Twibbly Wibbly page 11

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    They MIGHT get around to painting my kitchen around 5:00 today. Otherwise it'll be next week.

I love how they're blaming the delay on the cold weather, when it should have been done well before the cold weather hit.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

They painted my cabinets!

Hung out with Naiad last night.

Need to start calling ahead of time and telling the restaurant to save me a sweet potato, since this is the second time in a week or two that they've told me they were out.

Going to work on putting my kitchen together today until it's time to go eat lunch with my parents. Mom's back in town for a few days (she's effectively been gone since Thanksgiving, so she could stay with the aunt who's dying from cancer) and figures she should see me.

Going to a play with BS & kids tonight.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Got the ingredients for spaghetti sauce.

HEB has chicken thighs and drumsticks for $1/pound and frozen breasts for $4.98/2.5 pound bag. Not organic or anything, but I stocked up.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Spaghetti sauce is in the crock pot, and has been for several hours. Luckily, before I bought the tomatoes I realized that I had no business cutting them up - my skin reacts to citric acid, especially when it's as dried out as it is. I bought canned Muir Glen tomatoes, some fire-roasted, some not. A can with green chilies added snuck in there, so it'll get used later. I only put 12 cloves of garlic in the crockpot full of tomatoes, meat, onions, and a bit of carrot. I have 4 little bottles of merlot to toss in at some point.

I'm now eating guacamole with a spoon and watching the cold rain off and on from the middle of my living room which I should be cleaning.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Added more liquid to the crockpot, leaving it on until I get home from work today.

Weeee!

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Watch out with the merlot. Some varieties will add an offtwang. Taste it and the sauce separately and go from there.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Phooey. Would Cabernet Sauvignon be a better bet?

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Nono. Either a merlot or a cab will work. I'm just saying it depends on the wine as to what flavors it'll add. That's why I'm saying taste it first.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Phooey. Would Cabernet Sauvignon be a better bet?
    I generally use chianti. I figure an Italian wine in an Italian (or my version of Italian anyway) sauce. That said, I think Naiad is on the right track. I wont cook with any wine I wouldn't drink. Give it a taste first. One for the pot...one for me...one for the pot...okay, one for me is enough. I hope the sauce turns out well

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have 4 little bottles...Hmmmm...how much does a crockpot full require?

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast