Thread: Curing Diabetes page

Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member

Curing Diabetes

Shop Now
    So as a T2 diabetic, I have some questions about PB and medication. In the last few months I was able to get off of insulin using the "traditional" balanced diet system (1500 cals/day, 50 sugar, 150 carbs, 50-100 fat, you get the idea). With my insulin, I just decided one day to stop taking it (after my doctor said we could TRY weaning off), and had an amazing hA1c at my next visit.
    Would it be wise/unwise to do the same with my other medication, or should I work with my doctor? She's been incredibly pleased and supportive of my progress the whole time, so the next logical step for me, personally, is to heal my body completely and get off of metformin and my thyroid medication.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    common wisdom says do so with your doctor, but you have also obviously weaned yourself with 'ok' results, and so if you want to take the risk, who is to stop you?

personally, with something like diabetes -- which can have some nasty side effects if not properly treated -- and also something like diabetes medication -- which can have some nasty side effects if not properly managed -- i would err to the side of caution and stick with good blood work numbers and the process that a doctor would recommend.

stone age queen is the queen of managing type 1 diabetes, so she might have some insight that would help a type 2 get well, btw.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Have you read Dr. Bernsteins book? Google bernstein + diabetes.

Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Thanks!

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    If you're on facebook add this guy http://www.facebook.com/diabeteswarr...iabeteswarrior
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.