Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Son's Eczema Heals By Not Eating Wheat page

primalpilgrim is offline Senior Member

Son's Eczema Heals By Not Eating Wheat

Primal Fuel
    Full post here: http://fitafter40vancouver.blogspot....ing-wheat.html

My blog partner is Harvey. He and his wife both experienced healing from chicken skin (aka keratosis pilaris - http://fitafter40vancouver.blogspot....in-healed.html) when they stopped eating wheat.

When they eliminated wheat from their children's diet, it helped their son's eczema too. You can read the full story in the link above. Here's a photo of what it looked like:

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    not surprising. my son's eczema healed after we cut out dairy and certain nuts. when i tandem nursed him (nursed him while i was pregnant) and my milk turned to colostrum, he could eat dairy products again without getting a rash (nuts were still out for a few more years). it's so sad that doctors don't say anything to us about this, so much countless suffering could be prevented.

Fatherness is offline Junior Member
    My daughter's eczema is far improved since we cut the wheat from her diet. It took a while for us to come to the conclusion that wheat was the culprit, though I'm not sure why. She always complained of a stomach ache, headache and had horrible skin outbreaks after eating pasta/bread. I've been primal for a while and knew of all the issues with wheat (being the worst offender) but the kids have now been doing great on a near-primal diet (some rice pasta since they do love their mac n' cheese).

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    I have eczema too, and it has greatly improved since I shifted to primal. I think it might be a combo of elimination of grains along with the added fat in my diet. I don't have those dry, itchy patches that I so frequently get in the winter.

denise is offline Senior Member
    sadly, mine has not improved at all yet. Maybe it will take more than 10 weeks grain free and 3 weeks dairy free to see any improvement??

Reborn Grokker is offline Senior Member
    Wow, my son has big eczema spots like this on his legs and back too, I guess I really need to start working on getting him off grains too!
    Heidi

33yo, 5'6", 158lbs, size 10 jeans

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denise View Post
    sadly, mine has not improved at all yet. Maybe it will take more than 10 weeks grain free and 3 weeks dairy free to see any improvement??
    Denise~ Mine disappeared after I got my Vitamin D up to sufficiency.

denise is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Denise~ Mine disappeared after I got my Vitamin D up to sufficiency.
    interesting! Awaiting delivery of my large dose, no sugar Vitamin D, then hopefully I'll see some improvement. Had it since birth - never grew out of it. When I was a kid I had to have my nightie soaked off as I stuck to it in the night! Not quite that bad now, but has its moments!

Thanks!

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Brown rice for me. It caused strange dermatitis problems for my dad, too. That shit is poison.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by denise View Post
    interesting! Awaiting delivery of my large dose, no sugar Vitamin D, then hopefully I'll see some improvement. Had it since birth - never grew out of it. When I was a kid I had to have my nightie soaked off as I stuck to it in the night! Not quite that bad now, but has its moments!

Thanks!
    You are welcome. If for any reason the D doesn't work, you may have an emotional component to clear. EFT is great for this. I cleared my lifelong asthma with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast