Thread: Whoo, finally made an account! page

brittanyk06 is offline Junior Member

Whoo, finally made an account!

Shop Now
    I am Brittany, from Florida.
    I am 17 years old, and I am currently struggling to get my family to follow my Primal footsteps! I am the only one in my house who does it!
    I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone and to let other young'ns know that it is possible to go Primal while under your parents' roof.

Someguy is offline Member
    Welcome!
    I'm 17 as well and know whats its like to have parents that don't follow the whole primal thing but once they saw my increased energy level and saw how much better I felt they tried it and have been primal ever since. Just don't try and force it on them or they will resist. Just do your thing and hope for the best. If all else fails you should just cook bacon and eat it in front of them everyday until they change (helped me win over my dad). Don't under-estimate the power of bacon!
    Without music life would be a mistake.

Haha. My problem is trying to get some grass-fed meat. My parents won't buy it because it's "too expensive". They don't realize the benefits of it!

Someguy is offline Member
    Yeah, once you bring money into the picture everything changes. Luckily for me, my parent already purchased all grass-fed meat from a local butcher before I started eating primal so I never had to worry about that.

I would maybe try and ask your parents if they'd buy some grass-fed meat and at least try it once before they refuse to buy it (grass-fed meat tastes SO much better in my opinion). Of course I don't know your parents and they may not care if it tastes better, some people just care about the price of what they are eating rather than the quality of it these days. If they still refuse to buy grass-fed meat don't worry about it too much. Even if you have to eat grain fed meats at least your not eating grains, legumes, or high carb foods in general and in that case the pro's outweigh the con's in my opinion.

Good luck!
    Without music life would be a mistake.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brittanyk06 View Post
    Haha. My problem is trying to get some grass-fed meat. My parents won't buy it because it's "too expensive". They don't realize the benefits of it!
    Tell them you want to trade a couple of pounds of beef for x boxes of cereal....the grass fed ground beef from Costco is awesome. Ditto the boneless organic chicken thigs.

Thanks for all the advice.
    I will (hopefully) be moving on to college this summer into my own living quarters so what I buy for groceries won't necessarily be their business anymore. Hehe. But until then, I will just have to politely negotiate.

handgallop is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Maybe contact these folks:

http://www.thedamranch.net/

Instead of paying an arm and a leg for grass fed or organic at whole foods, buying meat co-op style direct from the source might be a little bit cheaper. Maybe the parents would be more interested in that? Especially as you can buy quite a lot of meat that way